30 Day Shred!!!

Options
Hi,
I finally got my copy of 30 Day Shred and my weights in the mail today and I've just done the first level 1 workout!
I found it harder than other 20 minute workouts I've done but so much more effective - I feel so good! I'm a little bit achy though and apparently the ache is going to get worse in the next 2-24 hours (great, I've got my ballet class in 2 hours...)
I'm really looking forward to the next 29 days and especially to seeing the results.

Currently, I'm 181 lbs and 5"7.
I was wondering if anyone else was currently doing the 30 Day Shred? If so, we could motivate each other and help answer any questions!

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• tilogaat
    Options
    Hi Sophie,

I just started it yesterday too. But since I regularly go to the gym, I did not find level 1 very challenging. I think I may do level 1 couple of days more and then move on to level 2. However I am shorter and heavier than you are :(. I shall add you soon.

Thanks,

Tilo
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Tilo,

Thanks for your friend request!
    I've really got out of the working out habit so my stamina wasn't particularly great but I'm hoping that by the start of next week I can start level 2 (I'm aiming for week 1- level 1, week 2 - level 2 etc.)
    I love the cardio sections but I hate the ab minute!
    Which do you find best?

S
  • tilogaat
    Options
    I like the cardio portion the best. The last strength exercise, side lunges, was really difficult. What weights are you carrying?
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    I hated that one! I found the bicycle crunches so hard too! I have a set of 3 pairs of weights, ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 kg so I use whichever I feel I can handle. I've never used weights before though! What do you use?
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    Hey guys!

I just started this program yesterday. I use 5 pound dumb bells, and I like the cardio segment the most, as well :) Feel free to add me, were in this together! :)
  • Sheena0323
    Sheena0323 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have attempted to do the 30DS but I have not gotten through Level 2 yet. I was planning on starting it after work today and now I think that I will to join you guys. I woke up this morning and did the Insanity Fit Test and hopefully I can get through them both!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals!

My name is Kristin and I just started Shredding again (I've done it before) on Saturday...so two days under my belt and today will be day 3. I've had great results with this before, as well as other JM workouts. I'm just now getting back into exercising since having my second daughter last April and am SO motivated to stick to it! I use 5 lb. weights. I also plan to do level 1 for all of week 1, then level 2 for the second week, level 3 for the third, and then rotating for the final week. Hoping for some good results this time around and would love to join you guys to help motivate and get motivated!!

My stats:
    29 years old
    5'6 1/2
    185.5 pounds

Let's do this!! :)
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I did it about a year or so ago but gave up after a few days. Free free to add me! I need someone to help keep me accountable so I stick with it this time!
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    It's great to have so many people doing it together!
    Do any of you ever get to the stage in a workout where you're just lying on the floor, physically unable to reach up and do the last few crunches/push ups/burpees?! Any tips on how to push through in a workout?

Kristin, our stats are really similar, just a few pounds and one inch height wise different! How much did you lose last time you did 30DS?
  • Emilyrenee84
    Emilyrenee84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of Level 1 and I still can't make it all the way thru without feeling like death is before me lol. I started with 5 lb weights since that was all I had but have been using 3 lb weights for the last few days since I would tire out to easily. The only advice that I can give is if there is something that you aren't able to complete work on something else while they're doing it. I usually can't get thru the last set of the side lunge things or whatever they are toward the end so I just stay on the floor and do crunches until they're finished. As long as you keep moving then you'll do great. If you can do at least half of all of the exercises when she's doing them then it's a great start!
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of 30DS. I did it for 30 consecutive days (10 days of each level) and I got fantastic results. It busted me out of a 4 month plateau. I ended up dropping 12 inches and 10 pounds in just that one month. In my pictures, I have a before and after of my back that you can check out. I love the definition it provided for me in my back and shoulders.

Level 2 and 3 get tough, but stick with it! It's well worth it!

I'm doing turbo fire now but I plan to do Ripped in 30 in January, another one of Jillian's videos.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sophie...I was bad and didn't get exact stats last time I did it...plus I was doing other things at the same time. I was running 3-4 times a week (usually about 2 miles) plus doing Shred and then Ripped in 30...plus JM Yoga Meltdown and her ab workouts...mixed it up a lot...but I lost about 30 pounds and went from a size 14 (after having my first daughter) down to an 8! Obviously that wasn't in 30 days...but I do owe a HUGE thank-you to JM for her workouts! I couldn't have done it otherwise! Now...time for me to do it again!! I know that didn't really answer your question, but I don't have exact numbers. I do remember losing like 8 pounds the first week though...pretty awesome! :) Sticking to it is the main things...if you miss a day, no big deal...just get back to it the next!!

Ready to do day 3 level 1...just trying to get my 7 month old happy on the floor! :)
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 (or day two of level two!) I've started and quit after like two days in the past but this time I'm sticking to it. So far I've lost about 3lbs. and I haven't measured current inches yet but I had to put a belt on pants that were tighter at the beginning of this challenge this morning :)

I have to modify some of the ab exercises while I work on correcting an abdominal separation from my pregnancies but I've noticed a huge difference in my energy, endurance and strength just from completing level one alone.

eta stats

weight: 154
    height: 5'2
  • mxmom382
    mxmom382 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my first day of ripped in 30 today and I love it.
    I can't wait to feel sore. I have been trying to loose these 10 pounds for 1 year. Pfft! I really hope this does it.
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    I'm doing it! Still on level one. Feel free to add me. :)
  • I just started today. And hearing from all of you makes me feel so motivated. So feel free to add me :)

CW:120 lbs
    GW:100 lbs
    Height: 5'2"
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ahhh OMG! I was going to start 30DS today...but i got scared and put in Zumba for the 1st time ever instead.
    I plan to try 30ds tomorrow, though I do no intend to do it every day for 30 days. I may do it once every second/third day. I also do leslie sansone a lot and I think I'm going to give Zumba an honest try (it was awkward...but apparently the calorie burn is really high!)

Let me know how 30DS goes - Ill try it out tomorrow to "test the waters"...terrified, but this thread has motivated me to do it!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. Just did my first level 2 last night :) I'm not doing it every day (more like 3 on 1 off). :)
  • klslovely
    Options
    i have this dvd but have been kind of afraid to start it!!! i just need to whip my butt into gear and start it.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Did it twice and lost 30 pounds!!! Then I did Body Revolution (90 day program) and lost another 10 (but really toned-up). 30DS is a WONDERFUL program. Do it! You will be so glad you did!:smile: