What are your favorite baby names (for a baby)?

Options
...i'm not sure why i felt the need to clarify that haha

But back to the question! :smile: My third-cousin just found out she was pregnant today, so the entire family is all pumped up with baby thoughts right now. She's already looking at baby name books which is something I already do even though I'm not in a relationship but love to write. She doesn't like any of the names I like, so I'm trying to find some that I can suggest to her. any ideas? her style is element focused. and what are your favorite baby names?

thanks in advance!

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Jake
    Jason
    Andres
    Francisco
    Santiago

Ashley
    Maya
    Diana
    Andrea
    Catalina

btw the entire family? hahah only her and the guy should be picking names
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Boy - Bryson Slade or Austin bryce.

Girl- Sydney brooke or brooklyn Elizabeth.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I like any name that is easy to figure out how to pronounce and doesn't contain any cutsie spelling.

My kids are Daniel Martin and Lillian Joyce. All are family names.

Other favorites are Madeline, Natalie, Jeffrey (my brother's name) and Steven
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Girl - Lashonda Fontaine

Guy - Archibald Tyquarius

Gender unknown due to surgical mishaps or genetic abnormalities - Sam
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Boy - Alexander Michael (Alexander is my most favorite name)

Girl - Michalea Evelyn
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    My son is Dylan
    But I also like Connor

girl-
    Kylie
  • tiffanyletnes
    tiffanyletnes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i love my boys names - Harrison is my oldest and Hudson is the youngest, if we ever have another a girl name i love is Haven
  • mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Girls:

Rebecca
    Michelle
    Natalie
    Bridget

Boys:

Brady
    Justin
    Gavin
    Jake
    Matt
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    girls:

Jennifer, Meghan, Heather, Elizabeth, Stephanie

boys:

Dammit!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Girls: Harper

Boys: Eric
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    for me personal I either like unique names (not totally off the wall like Blue Ivy) or common names with unique spellings - that being said

If I had had a daughter (I have 2 boys) I would have called her Delana Patricia Faye - the middle names of my mom & 2 aunts - but I would have called her Del - its the name of a favorite character in a book series I really like - She's a very strong yet feminine woman that fights for what she believes in with great honor.

I also like Marika for a girl

For boys - if I had had another boy I would have named him Justice which is a name that my brother always said he would have named a boy if he had had one.

My grandson that is due to arrive this April is to be called Rowan - another name I like - boy or girl
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Her style is elemental? Not sure what that means... but for "nature" type names...
    River, Meadow, Rose, Willow, that sort of thing?
  • 2b212
    2b212 Posts: 15
    Options
    anna - meaning gracious
    aliegh
    rosie
    annie
    zoe
    katie
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like any name that is easy to figure out how to pronounce and doesn't contain any cutsie spelling.

My kids are Daniel Martin and Lillian Joyce. All are family names.

Other favorites are Madeline, Natalie, Jeffrey (my brother's name) and Steven

Easy to pronounce and spell. No extra vowels or cutsie spellings/additions.
    My kids are Jennifer and Erica.

The parent only has to deal with this name for 18 years. From filling out paperwork, to calling them in at night.
    They aren't there correcting pronunciations through 12 years off school + college. They aren't there to deal with the name teasing, and they won't be there when the boss fumbles with the name making the interview awkward. Then there is the amount of time it takes the gifrlfriend/boyfriend to learn how to pronounce it.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I hated it when people suggested names for my baby when I was pregnant. A. I wanted to choose my child's name and B. I never understood why anyone thought I NEEDED their help... I also didn't tell anyone my baby's name because I didn't want anyone's opinion on it.

But that was just me.

ETA: I didn't say that just to be b****y. I meant, that might be why she doesn't "like any of the names (you) like".
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    squirt
  • Henry, Gabriel, Daniel, Sophie/Sophia/Sofia...

Names that I like and will never use on children because I will never have children, but will save for characters and cats.

I also just realized that all three of my favourite male names are characters from Next to Normal. I did not plan that. It's just a coincidence, even if N2N is one of my favourite musicals.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Noah and Arielle....if I had babies today, those would be they're names =)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Fergus, George and Elmer. i love those names...if i would have had more than one boy, id never be able to choose between the three.

some thing influenced by the elements tho....girl-Rosie, Violet (Vi),
    boy- Aero, Sawyer, Maverick, Orion