Favorite fruit and vegetable?

Options
My favorite fruit is pomagranate my favorite veggie is spinach. Yours?

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    veggies: eggplant, zucchini, sweet potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms
    fruit: berries, clementines, plums, granny smith apples..... also love pomegranate seeds added to my greek yogurt! YUM! :)
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    Fruit: banana, plum, peach and nectarine
    Vegetable: cucumber, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, butternut squash and sweet potato
  • prettylolita
    prettylolita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, and bananas.
    Don't forever avocados. I have them 3-4 times a week. So good!!!
    I try to have them almost everyday.
    They are a stable in my diet. :)
  • Mollymct
    Options
    Eek. Hard to pick one of each. Today, I'd say apples and Brussels sprouts.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and carrots.
  • MsBookandTea
    MsBookandTea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Any and all..
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    fruit: raspberries, kiwi, cantaloupe
    veggies: carrots, sweet potatoes, LETTUCE, asparagus

(at a local subway I used to be known as "the lettuce girl" because I'd always ask for triple lettuce)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Fav Fruits: Banana, kiwis, mango, blueberries, apples,pineapple.

Fav Veggie: Corn (Indiana stereotype right here, lol!), lettuce, spinach, carrots (I can seriously, if I didn't have self-control, eat a whole bag of baby carrots in one sitting; I've done it!), sweet potatoes, and raw broccoli (this is just disgusting when cooked).

For the record, I love watermelon and cucumbers, but I am so extremely allergic to both (all melon actually)! I try every now and again to eat both in hopes of the allergy being gone, but alas, everything itches and poofs up. ;(

ETA: I LOVE butternut squash, too. Seriously, I cannot get enough of it! However, oddly enough, it's like a premium in my neck of the woods. O.o It's so hard to find unless I go three towns over to a farmer's market.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    veggies: eggplant, zucchini, sweet potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms
    fruit: berries, clementines, plums, granny smith apples..... also love pomegranate seeds added to my greek yogurt! YUM! :)

I tried eggplant for the first time this summer. ZOMG! That is one thing I wish I tried earlier! Soooooo good! I love it grilled. :D However, if you under or overcook it, it seriously tastes like chewing on cigarettes marinated in over-chlorinated pool water. Ick!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    Options
    Broccoli, and bananas.
    Don't forever avocados. I have them 3-4 times a week. So good!!!
    I try to have them almost everyday.
    They are a stable in my diet. :)

I keep trying to eat avocados, but they don't settle well with me; plus, to me, they taste sorta like paste. O.o How do you eat yours?
  • PeriwinklePineapple
    Options
    Fruit: Pineapple
    Veggie: Broccoli Rabe

Although I could change my mind tomorrow :-)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh, how can I pick just one of each? I love so many of them...

Fruit: pineapple (although I eat way more apples than pineapple, I still would rather have pineapple)
    Veggie: broccoli (but I love cauliflower, green beans, and cabbage almost as much!)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith Apples

Potato
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    Pumpkin pie.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Fruit: Pinapple!!!!! When I was a kid I didn't know when to stop eating it before the acids burned my mouth, so I would get terrible sores on the insides of my cheeks and on my tongue. (see avatar picture <
    ) But it was so delicious I usually just sucked it up and kept on eating it! lol!

And apples (they keep me full forever, and there are so many different kinds that I can never get sick of eating them!)

Veggie: It's a tie with broccoli, asparagus and brussel sprouts!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Strawberries & Cucumbers
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Veggies: Steamed broccoli is my favorite, but I also really love baby spinach, green beans, raw carrots, steamed cauliflower and potatoes

Fruits: Bananas, hands down. Also: apples, peaches, pineapple, cantalope, grapes, strawberries etc...
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So hard to choose! However, my most used are black grapes and broccoli.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    fruit- peaches, mangos, raspberries
    veg- asparagus, green beans, and spinach
  • kristinaw1967
    Options
    Fruit - Fuji apples and now (in FL) oranges and grapefruit are coming into season, LOVE those! Oh and good, FRESH pineapple!
    Veggie - Broccoli and baby spinach but I like most any kind of veggie except peppers.