What else can I do? Suggestions appreciated! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Try a weighted hula hoop. I enjoy it and I can do it in my living room while watching tv.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    go to fitnessblender.com and you will find a lot of exercise videos, some short, some longer that are completely free of charge. There is no music to them but you can play your own music in the background. They are very good and there is a good variety for all tastes.

I was going to suggest this also. Someone told me about this site just today and it looks awesome. And some of the workouts are FIVE MINUTES! Seems like a great way to get started without a huge committment.
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    FitnessBlender on YouTube. It's easy to follow and I like that the instructor doesn't talk constantly. It really irritates me when I'm struggling and the instructors keeps cooing "you can do it; that's right; etc; etc". I want to smash the screen!

Just checked out fitnessblender. Wish I saw this sooner!

All I need with this is like, a weekly routine or something. ie: what exercise I should do on what day, etc. I need structure!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    (I know you said no, but....) You could do P90X... If you've done 30DS you should be able to keep up. I did P90X before the shred and was still able to keep up. Plus each day is a different exercise, so it doesn't get as boring, as fast lol ... And you can do it inside.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown is a great workout and it's not too intense.

Also, you have to build up your endurance. The first time you try a workout, it may be difficult, but stick with it. You'll eventually work your way up to being able to do it. You don't want to be able to do an exercise routine too easily right off the bat, you need to challenge your body.

And why not bundle up and go for a walk? It's only 30 minutes of your time and getting outside might will do the body good!

It doesn't seem like your problem is finding a workout. I think your problem is staying motivated and challenged. Try changing up your exercise routine every 3-4 workouts. It will keep your body guessing and keep you from getting bored. For example:

Day one: Workout DVD
    Day two: 30 minute walk with Strength Training
    Day Three: Workout DVD with Evening Yoga
    Day Four: 1 hour walk with Evening Yoga
    Day Five: Workout DVD with 30 minute evening walk
    Day six: rest

That is just an example, but you can see that the workouts constantly change.

Good luck!!
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone. Also, I have found an exercise bike is good on bad weather days especially. The key is to choose an awesome book to read on it and not let yourself read the book unless it is time to ride the bike. This helps me with the motivation part SO much!!:wink: I wind up looking forward to what used to be tortuously boring.
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am a closet wannabe burlesque dancer....So I LOVE the ***** Cat Dolls workout DVD's. You can watch them on You Tube. Not a super intense workout, but tons of fun.
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown is a great workout and it's not too intense.

Also, you have to build up your endurance. The first time you try a workout, it may be difficult, but stick with it. You'll eventually work your way up to being able to do it. You don't want to be able to do an exercise routine too easily right off the bat, you need to challenge your body.

I just read a review that Jillian's Yoga DVD is not appropriate for beginners or people who've never done yoga so I guess I'll have to skip that one for now!
    I just don't want to "over do it" like I've done so many times in the past at the beginning and lose all motivation again. Sick of that cycle!

I DO like the idea of changing it up here and there.

I'm looking to start working it up slowly again. I'm still trying to find some beginner zumba videos on youtube. Hoping to build up my endurance first. I think I'll work at my endurance for a few weeks then try Turbo Fire again. MAYBE. I really don't know..

Thanks again, everyone! I'm super pumped about all the responses!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Why not walk a neighbour dog? Committing to a job like this will motivate you to go outside. You could make some extra wedding money that way, too! Or, just get a walking buddy. :)

Is there a rec centre with an indoor pool where you live? Ours offers all levels of aqua fitness.

YouTube has tons of yoga vids.

Do you ice skate? Enjoy sledding? Winter doesn't have to be boring if you get out there and find something fun to do!

Best idea yet: Take your finacee and sign up for ballroom dance lessons. Then you can create a cool "first dance" for your reception!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Couch to 5k on the treadmill, 10min of abs (planks, pike crunches, bicycle crunches, regular crunches, boat pose, etc)
    Tuesday: 3 sets of 12 reps with 5lb or 8lb dumbbells - rows, tricep kickbacks, chest flies, chest press, bicep curl
    Thursday: 3 sets of 12 reps with 5lb or 8lb dumbbells - alternating shoulder press, squats, bent arm side raise, lunges, calf raises (20 reps instead of 12)

I'll do that for this week and then change it up (it's been about 5 weeks, I was hoping to switch it up after 4). I'll keep doing Mon/Wed/Fri Couch to 5K but do different ab exercises. Tuesdays I'll swap out different arm/chest exercises and Thursday I'll do different shoulder/leg exercises.

ETA: I like the Bob Harper workouts better than Jillian Michaels - you can find them for free on YouTube. I like that he incorporates a little bit of yoga which helps flexibility and balance (and is just more calming) and that he generally yells at you less lol.
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    ETA: I like the Bob Harper workouts better than Jillian Michaels - you can find them for free on YouTube. I like that he incorporates a little bit of yoga which helps flexibility and balance (and is just more calming) and that he generally yells at you less lol.

Never heard of him but will check him out! I really can't stand Jillian at times. She gets me all worked up and when I get angry I just sort of...stop what I'm doing!
  • cindy8120
    Options
    Crossfit! Its intense, but they can scale it to your ability, and you will be addicted in no time!
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    I think I've found a really good modified Turbo Jam workout schedule for me, a beginner!
    Pretty excited to give it a shot.
    I'm also going to throw in some Fitness Blender strength workouts in there, too!
  • pdiddy02
    pdiddy02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try Turbo Jam for 2 months and build your stamina, and then move on the Chalene Extreme.... that's what I am gonna do.

Chalean Extreme will be great for you to get rid of the inches fast, considering your wedding day. Hope it helps!