Hunger

Options

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    sooo....are you going to open your dairy? What calories are you currently eating? It may just be a matter of addin cals to your day...maybe you are not eating enough!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That answers EVERYTHING, your sarcasm is much appreciated...

He was trying to help, and he also has good information to offer.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    arent you precious?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That answers EVERYTHING, your sarcasm is much appreciated...

He was trying to help, and he also has good information to offer.

Please refrain from attacking other members, thanks
  • allknowingtomato
    allknowingtomato Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry, OP, nobody can offer meaningful advice without seeing your diary to know what you are currently eating. It sounds like you don't want to do that, so.....
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i find myself hungry too.. anyone want to check out my diary? i have only 350ish calories left and it's only 3:30
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I get really hungry if I have too many processed carbs. Oatmeal and waffles, for example, have lots of calories but a lot of carbs. Spikes my insulin levels and I am starving a few hours later.

More protein, fewer carbs or more processed carbs and it goes away.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I keep getting hunger pangs at frustrating times throughout the day.. I have breakfast at about 7.15 and then I am hungry again by 10am, I then have lunch between 12 & 1 but get hungry again about 3-4 but don't have tea till 7 sometimes even later if I have gone to an exercise class or to the gym, how do I avoid these irritating hunger pangs? Any ideas?

Losing weight is hard. There is no way around it. You are going to feel some hunger on a deficit.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

Yup for me it's all about a calorie budget. I had less of a budget available when I was losing weight, more to spend now that I'm maintaining and all the tools I used for weight loss come into play for the rest of my life maintaining.

When you have accumulated excess fat, you have accumulated a debt. It is hard to pay off the debt (you have less calories to spend). If you are sitting next to someone your same gender and height and they are not overweight and you are, they get to eat more than you (have more calories to spend) because they are debt free. You have less calories to spend because you are paying off your debt.

There is no mystery to weight loss, everyone thinks something is wrong, their metabolism is broken, they have low thyroid, they have menopause or whatever issue, they are as unique as a snowflake, whatever. I thought a lot of these things once too but once the doctor helped resolve the health issues for me I learned there is still no magic pill. Most people eat more than they need to and are not at good at estimating calories as they think they are. Most people have a lower BMR than they think they do. The only way to know for sure is to go to a lab and have it tested. It doesn't seem fair to have to eat less and feel a little hunger. It's hard to face the truth of it, very hard. It's not fun. It's drudgery at times. But if you learn to enjoy your smaller amounts of food (necessary to lose weight, since the reason we got fat in the first place was eating too much whether we knew it or not), and rejoice in your victories it can be done.

Funny thing..it seems I've read this before...or maybe twice in some configuration. Interesting points--although you didn't address the OP in the slightest.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Healthy fats won't make you fat, so don't worry about that.

97pon9.gif
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It's because you're 17. Once you're 18 you'll never be hungry again.

Gone-With-the-Wind-vivien-leigh-21285080-500-307.gif
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten small meals and snacked. I decided to start eating larger meals and rarely snack now, plus my weight loss has increased.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's because you're 17. Once you're 18 you'll never be hungry again.

Yeah what she said!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I keep getting hunger pangs at frustrating times throughout the day.. I have breakfast at about 7.15 and then I am hungry again by 10am, I then have lunch between 12 & 1 but get hungry again about 3-4 but don't have tea till 7 sometimes even later if I have gone to an exercise class or to the gym, how do I avoid these irritating hunger pangs? Any ideas?

Losing weight is hard. There is no way around it. You are going to feel some hunger on a deficit.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

Yup for me it's all about a calorie budget. I had less of a budget available when I was losing weight, more to spend now that I'm maintaining and all the tools I used for weight loss come into play for the rest of my life maintaining.

When you have accumulated excess fat, you have accumulated a debt. It is hard to pay off the debt (you have less calories to spend). If you are sitting next to someone your same gender and height and they are not overweight and you are, they get to eat more than you (have more calories to spend) because they are debt free. You have less calories to spend because you are paying off your debt.

There is no mystery to weight loss, everyone thinks something is wrong, their metabolism is broken, they have low thyroid, they have menopause or whatever issue, they are as unique as a snowflake, whatever. I thought a lot of these things once too but once the doctor helped resolve the health issues for me I learned there is still no magic pill. Most people eat more than they need to and are not at good at estimating calories as they think they are. Most people have a lower BMR than they think they do. The only way to know for sure is to go to a lab and have it tested. It doesn't seem fair to have to eat less and feel a little hunger. It's hard to face the truth of it, very hard. It's not fun. It's drudgery at times. But if you learn to enjoy your smaller amounts of food (necessary to lose weight, since the reason we got fat in the first place was eating too much whether we knew it or not), and rejoice in your victories it can be done.

Funny thing..it seems I've read this before...or maybe twice in some configuration. Interesting points--although you didn't address the OP in the slightest.

I've read it multiple times, on different posts, all over the board. Same standard cookie cutter answer. :yawn:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Have a snack. Most people get hungry after a few hours.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Healthy fats won't make you fat, so don't worry about that.

97pon9.gif

I'm fascinated by this gif and can't stop watching it!!!
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    It does depend on what you eat. For example, I had a small piece of home-baked pumpkin cake with a large pear this morning at 8. I was hungry by 9:30. Things high in sugar just don't "stick to the ribs". Oh well, I'll correct with protein and fiber next meal (11).

However, I do expect to be hungry by the time the next meal rolls around. I think that's natural.

^^^^ This. ^^^

I had two eggs, a couple of pieces of bacon, and a mug of coffee with cream at 6:30. I wasn't hungry again until 10:30 or 10:45, and lunchtime is at 11:00. I'll have a small protein shake mid-afternoon that will hold me until suppertime, so I can exercise after work.

When I used to eat whole-grain cereal or a granola bar, with fruit or juice, for breakfast, I was always ready for a snack by 9:00 or 9:30, and starving again by lunchtime.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My guess is that not only you get hungry, you get cranky too. This may have been posted during that rumbly in the tumbly moment?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    internet-memes-bump1.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    He wasn't being sarcastic. It's hard to help you when we can't see what you eat.

Jeesh, the one time I'm not being sarcastic

FR, I hope you learned a valuable lesson here.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Thank you.
    I've been having these déjà vu for quite a while...