I work ouuuut

Options
Hello all,

I just wanted to share a story with yall today. So I went to work out on the ellpitical lalala and then all of a sudden this girl comes next to me looking b-i-t-c-h-y as hell and just kinda stares at me in that snooty way. Anyways, she gets on the machine and then starts to constantly look at my calories n s-h-i-t.

I give her a look back and continue to work hard.

She looked envious of my calorie burnage and then began to move faster. I then smiled.

This just motivates me and reminds me that you will ALWAYS have haters and people jealous of you. Its inspiration really. If someone really has the time and energy to pay so much attention to someone else instead of focusing on their own work out , its kinda funny!

After I was done, I left the calories up so she could take notes! ( I usually clear them asap I don't know why)

SO yeah keep motivated, stay strong, and remember there will always be someone jealous and envious of you but you gotta do you!

Happy workouts :happy:

Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

After I was done, I left the calories up so she could take notes!

Bwahahahaa!!! I love it!!!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    man, women can be so cruel to one another. Maybe she was inspired by your work ethic.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    People always say that I give snooty looks, but it is completely unintentional. Maybe she was inspired by you.

"If someone really has the time and energy to pay so much attention to someone else instead of focusing on their own work out , its kinda funny!"
    Yes it is funny b/c you seem to be doing the same:)
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sometimes competition is a great motivator. She may have seemed like a snot, but you may have been the reason she got an extra tough workout today!
  • ready4fit
    Options
    How is that cruel? So you stare at someone with a nasty look while they are working out and make them feel uncomfortable?

man, women can be so cruel to one another. Maybe she was inspired by your work ethic.
  • ready4fit
    Options
    Cuz I could feel her staring at me I was watching her workout? nahhh whats with all these b-i-t-c-h-y comments? This is a support site not tare the op down.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym I'm in direct competition with everyone else. I don't always win. The other competitors might not even know we're competing. But we are. And if I don't beat them today, I'll push harder next time I see them.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    When I used to go to the gym, if you were on the machine next to me, we are TOTALLY competing. It's a way to stay motivated. And like someone else pointed out, she could have just been inspired by you.

I would also like to point out that if you weren't watching her, you wouldn't have noticed her watching you.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, i like you!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    After I was done, I left the calories up so she could take notes!

Love it! And love your attitude! :flowerforyou:

I think you mean PEOPLE can be so cruel to one another.

When I hit the gym at work the women are all friendly and smiling and encouraging, even/especially the ones who can kick my *kitten* at anything. It's the guys who get on the treadmill next to me and start sprinting madly all the while (like the OP's "friend") looking madly at my speed/distance. Then they get tired, let it run while putting their legs on the side, rinse and repeat trying to sprint faster/farther than me. I am hella slow but I am still on there when they give up. And I am pretty sure resting your legs on the sides while the treadmill is running does not count as racing in treadmill-land :laugh: