My day 1...I need some friends

Options
Hello! Today is my day 1. I started my diet and my gym today. I need some friends that are on the same path as me. I feel like everytime I try I always fail because I am doing this alone.

I am a very outgoing person and I love to talk and meet new people!

About me: My name is Kristen. I am 20 years old. I am a nurse and I live in the wonderful sunshine state!

Cant wait to meet all of you!!! :)

Replies

• mrganrshort
    mrganrshort Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Morgan and I'm going to be 20 in a week and I also just started on MFP about a week ago. I've lost 8.5 pounds so far. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other (:
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    welcome to myfitnesspal and good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • Krissee23
    Krissee23 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well Happy early birthday Morgan!!!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    greetings and salutations!!! lol it really does make a difference when you feel you have others striving for the same goal and a support system. feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kristin, welcome to mfp. My name is Kimberlee, 49, and was a nurse before becoming disabled. You can do this and having a group of supportive friends can really help. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Please feel free to add me.
  • janten
    janten Posts: 64
    Options
    welcome to myfitnesspal! Feel free to add, hope you well on your journey
  • Krissee23
    Krissee23 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am also making a commitment to log on here everyday and track my progress!! That way I can be held accountable! lol
  • CoachJake83
    Options
    Hey Kristen! We're all here for you. =D You hit the nail on the head by reaching out for friends and support. That's the biggest key to success with sticking to your program!
  • dianuhmonkey
    dianuhmonkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This has made a huge difference in the way i eat and view food. Welcome and feel free to add me. The more support the better.
  • TheFunkyFish
    Options
    Heya, 21 here from the coldness of canada :P. Lost 100 pounds so far with 50 to go, so if you need some encouragement, motivation, help with the steps of weight loss, toning etc shoot me a friend invite :D
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site - it works. It works if you have determination and committment as well as a good group of support pals.

I have a great group of friends on here that have not only kicked me in the *kitten* when I slacked, but kept me from doing too much.

I'd be glad to support anyone in their journey to a new you, so feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :-)
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and best of luck! :smile: I'm Nickie, 20, and from the West Midlands, UK.. Looking to lose around 50lbs, feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • my_so_called_life
    Options
    Welcome and glad you have joined MFP! Feel free to add me for motivation and support :)
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my name is Adria I am 20 years old and have been on MFP for a little over a year. I have lost 35 pounds so far and have about 25-30 pounds to my goal. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • LisAllum
    Options
    Welcome to MFP hon. I've tried many different weightloss programs but this seems to be the one that works for me. You have friends at the tip of your fingers day and night to help support you and share all the good and bad times along your journey. You've made a great choice! Feel free to add me :)
  • cznutz
    cznutz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me
  • the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 18 and I started 3.5 months ago. I have lost 25 lbs. feel free to add me. my GW(goal weight) is 120. i am 5'4"
  • JBV321
    JBV321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kristen and welcome! MyFitnessPal has been such a great tool for me. It keeps me accountable for what I am consuming. It's quite different when you have to log everything you consume and you see it in black and white. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen, welcome to MFP!

I'm 35, English, a part time secondary school teacher and full time mummy to a 1 year old and a 3 year old.

I've been on MFP for 135 days or so, but have been losing weight since July last year and have lost 50lbs so far, and have another 15-20 to go.

MFP has been great - I love that people can see my diary and what exercise I do, and everyone is so supportive.

Feel free to add me.