Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I've been wanting to purchase a heart rate monitor but don't know which one to get. I want to track how many calories I burn since there has been so much debate on here concerning the accuracy of the exercise calculator.

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. I like seeing how many calories I burn in a workout.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I'm actually on my second one right now. My first one only lasted me about a year, which was disappointing, considering it wasn't cheap. But I use it every day. It works well and does what I need it to do without all the extra bells and whistles I don't need, so I didn't mind buying another one.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar RS200 (I don't even know if they still make them) which I have had for YEARS. I didn't use it for a while, but my mom did so it's gotten constant use since it was bought. I had to replace the battery but since the warrenty was up it was simple to do myself for like $5. It's accurate, helpful, and I get more efficient work outs in when I'm wearing it. Mine is a baseline model, it tells me HR and what zone I'm in as well as calories burned. That's all I need.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump. I need one that tells me cals burned.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just started using a Polar RCX5 and I love the features. I am not really convinced on the calorie calculations, as it told me a 37 mountain bike ride last week burned something like 670 calories. That seemed like an extremely high number for such little workout time. Not to mention its over 1/3 more of my baseline daily calorie limit. Seems way too godo to be true!