Moms of boys.....

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Did your son EVER outgrow dirt and mud or am I just destined to give my 3 year old a bath every single day?? My daughter is 6 and was never a fan of mud or dirt. My son is drawn to playing in dirt every time we go outside!:sad:

Thanks!

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and I still love mud & dirt....so yea...
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Lmao

But, I don't believe so, my boys are 8 and 5 and baths every day are a given. They also still bring me worms and throw bugs at me for fun.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My husband is 31, and he enjoys rolling around in the mud and dirt too. I'm convinced they never really grow out of it.

He also refers to our unborn son as, "noise covered in dirt."
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    They will never EVER grow out of it :(
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My little boy is 3 and he's too interested in cars. Haven't seen him go for dirt/mud yet.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    FUNNY, but true,,, they NEVER EVER GROW OUT OF IT!.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nope! My son is 27 and still rolls around in it, as well as my 48 year old hubby.:tongue:
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    They will never outgrow dirt. I have 8 yr old twin boys who get into mud even when it is frozen solid outside. They also never wipe their mouths properly after eating. Watch out for that one too.
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    Im 32 and from the south, with us never grow out of loving to be in the mud, but the toys that we play with in the mud just get bigger..and more bada$$. Start off with toy trucks, then bikes, then 4 wheelers, then dirt bikes, then whatever car/truck we can get running, being 32 with a career and family with a truck that is built for nothing but playing in the mud.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ive got lots of boys (6 to be exact) and some of them like to get dirty and some of them not so much. They are all into being outside and doing sports and doing all of that so daily baths are a must. So, even if they grow out of the dirt/mud they still get dirty...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    A good woman will join the mate in festive and ritualistic dancing in said dirt/mud. This will grant good karma and smiles throughout the land (or your house).
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Honestly....mine was never that into it! He hates having stuff on his hands (at least he used to), so dirt never appealed to him.
  • LOL. You mean some boys DON'T need a bath every single day? I raised 5 and now I babysit my 1 year old grandson. Men and women are equal but boys and girls are definitely different from one another! :flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I was about to say I'm 29 and I am still the same

I was babysitting my friends boys. It was raining so obvious thing was to go outside and play football in the mud. Then when we got hungry, we went to the farmers market looking like homeless people. Bought a nice big watermelon. At home we had a watermelon seed spitting contest.

I have never seen the look of horror in their mothers eye before as I saw that day. My friend just told me "run, dude!"
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My sons are 8 & 11 and are getting muddier now than they did as toddlers, which was pretty muddy.
    Let boys be boys and just make sure he has a place to take off his clothes before he tromps the
    mud through the house. :tongue: If he's muddy, it means he's having some good "clean" fun, as
    opposed to just sitting in front of a screen all day.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

29 and the same.

they have these things called mud runs. you actually pay someone so you can play in the mud.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 boys (ages 25, 20, 18, 12). While they may grow up some and not require dirt/mud on a daily basis, they won't ever grow out of the need completely. Doesn't matter what they go do outside; someone comes back covered in dirt.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My son was never really into dirt (he was more into beating on things with sticks :laugh: ), but my daughter loved to dig. The filthier she is at the end of the day, the more fun she likely had.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    while sitting outside, my 2yr old comes up to me and says "here!" i extend my open palm and low and behold....he was so proud to bring me a worm that he had dug out! GROSS!!! of course he could not understand why i wasnt as exited as he was... and my 6 yr old loves the mud and dirt as well. gotta love them! :)
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I was about to say I'm 29 and I am still the same

I was babysitting my friends boys. It was raining so obvious thing was to go outside and play football in the mud. Then when we got hungry, we went to the farmers market looking like homeless people. Bought a nice big watermelon. At home we had a watermelon seed spitting contest.

I have never seen the look of horror in their mothers eye before as I saw that day. My friend just told me "run, dude!"

LOVE IT!!!! I'd hire you in a heartbeat