Myth?! More than (blank) grams of protein in...

Options
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend... hahaha..

Anyways I heard that if you eat more than, let's say.. 28 grams of protein per sitting that anything more than that is wasted. I just said the guy was full of ****, but now I ask.. just to clarify. :)

Thanks!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Myth. Also have a nice day, you look very nice, and I am not attacking you.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Big myth.

Oh, and nice save, buddy.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

hahaha thanks, your body looks like you'd know that answer, so i'll believe you i guess..

i know the sunset looks nice.. my belly on the other hand.. well that's a work in progress! haha..

thanks for not attacking!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Back off, dude! Don't be a bully.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Myth.

Another one to add to the above:

http://www.tomvenuto.com/asktom/protein_grams_per_meal.shtml
  • Schooley2
    Options
    It's actually kind of true. You're body won't use it. Now if you're body building then it would probably come in handy, but I doubt that's what you're doing. Protein is used to repair the cells and that's why it's useful for people who are trying to build muscle. :smile:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    It's actually kind of true. You're body won't use it. Now if you're body building then it would probably come in handy, but I doubt that's what you're doing. Protein is used to repair the cells and that's why it's useful for people who are trying to build muscle. :smile:

What do you suppose happens to it?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

COME AT ME BRO!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Your kidneys have to process the excess and you die from it
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

COME AT ME BRO!

I will kick your *ss, CAT!!
  • englezosa
    englezosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agreed with above, but a little extra wouldn't hurt if you are working out. :)
  • Schooley2
    Options

If you're not exercising and building muscle then it'll get turned into fat and the person will be gaining weight instead of losing.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

If you're not exercising and building muscle then it'll get turned into fat and the person will be gaining weight instead of losing.

Even in the midst of a caloric deficit?

The pathways for protein turning into fat are highly inefficient, although it can happen
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Even when eating at a deficit? How does that work then?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. There is no magic number for anything; calories, protein, fat, etc. Eat to make your body function at it's best; there is no formula. Experiment and see what works best for you! For some people that may be true, for some people it may be twice that number. It also might vary for each individual, even over the course of a day. Nothing is set in stone :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Doh! ACG has faster fingers :)
  • Schooley2
    Options

Even in the midst of a caloric deficit?

The pathways for protein turning into fat are highly inefficient, although it can happen

BULLY:
    Eat only protein all day and tell me how THAT works!
    Have a nice day! :smile:
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Why are you so mean all the time? :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This is not correct.

However i am not personally attacking you just for the record.