I am obsese...at least that is what the chart is telling me?

Options
Darn it that I can not correct an error in the topic!! It's driving me insane..ok.....continue..ha

At my height and current weight..I am on the low end of being obese...maybe I look it? maybe I don't...but there is no way I feel it!!

I have been guilty of the scale obsession game...so so so guilty!!! I just hope others will listen at not always look to the scale for happy feelings :laugh:

It has depressed me to no end and I am left asking why?? Why do we do this to ourselves just to see some number on the scale??? Is that the definition of success?? I'm not saying I am not carrying some extra baggage(ehem) I still want to get rid of......All I gotta say is I am the healthiest obese person I know :bigsmile:

I have struggled my whole life with my weight..and have always tried to look like someone else..I finally realized I need to look like me!!

Please do not let the scale rule you...like I have for me for most of my life!!!! :heart: :heart:

100_1980_zpsced3faea.jpg

100_1683_zpsa1fb0e95.jpg

100_2730_zps718a6633.jpg

DSCF0444_zpsd9cff6e8.jpg

100_0559_zpsd9ff7422.jpg

Replies

• testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    <
    Morbidly Obese.

If you cant be big in life, look big in a coffin right?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    WOOT! Yeah, baby!!! You are amazing. :heart:
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    you need to tell the chart to kiss your *kitten*. thats what i did when it told me the same damn thing. uh hello im 5 foot 11 and ripped as ****. f off !!!:wink::laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    <
    overweight according to the BMI
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Look at how strong and beautiful you are! HOT.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    pardons...I made an error in the topic..haha I fail at spelling today ;)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    < obese as well...
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    <---- over weight bordering on obese too, the BMI scale can kiss my *kitten* over!

You lady are strong, sexy an wonderful.....fact
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    BMI doesn't take body composition into account. You're clearly pretty damn muscular (which is awesome), so don't worry too much about the BMI chart and focus on other metrics of health, like resting HR, blood pressure, and body fat %. You can get all that measured at a reputable gym or at a doctor's office, if you're curious. Do you lift at all? If you don't, you ought to start. Resistance training is good for women - keeps your bones strong! :) Pick up a copy of the New Rules of Lifting for Women and get goin'.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are absolutely beautiful and I would not think that your would have a BMI that qualifies you as obese. It really is not an accurate way of classifying our bodies, and definitely not our health or fitness levels. Kudos to you for your obviously active lifestyle. You are doing something right, without a doubt. :happy:
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That scale always says it doesn't account for body type - so why read it as though it applies to you?
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Think about it. BMI uses too numbers to sum up your fitness: height and weight. That's it. It's a terribly incomplete method and can NOT be trusted.
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    That scale always says it doesn't account for body type - so why read it as though it applies to you?

Well then who's body type is it count for? is what I wanna know...
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    <<---- yep! "overweight" here too!

Btw, OP your legs are mind-blowingly AMAZING!!

Everyone else... throw your scales away. I actually don't know how much I weigh at the moment and I couldn't care less.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You must realize that BMI is a measurement of weight not body fat, not health, not diet, not exercise. Just weight. Putting too much emphasis on any one measurement as a sign of being healthy is pretty silly IMO.

But I wouldn't totally discount weight either, especially for women. It's pretty hard for a woman to be obese and not have too much fat on her body. OP, I can't see your pics so that is not directed at you personally. And extra weight does make the heart work harder, no matter what the source of the weight.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    BMI is a load of crap. It doesn't take much into account really.

I'm 12lbs overweight according to my BMI. Yes, I am not skinny, but I don't think I look particularly overweight either.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Yep - also currently "bouncing" between obese and highly overweight - ridiculous measures....
    You are looking fit and healthy and happy - that is what is important in the end of the day!!
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options

Well then who's body type is it count for? is what I wanna know...

Fat people i guess.
  • jlgranola
    Options
    BMI can kiss my butt!! We're all beautiful and we all know what healthy is and once we find that healthy weight for us and not the average of some chart, we will be ok! I've got 40 to 50 pounds left and I'm not following BMI. I'm following where I think I should be and if over time I think I want to lose more, I will. That's the beautiful part of this all. We all control our own destiny. :)

12626041.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    BMI doesn't take body composition into account. You're clearly pretty damn muscular (which is awesome), so don't worry too much about the BMI chart and focus on other metrics of health, like resting HR, blood pressure, and body fat %. You can get all that measured at a reputable gym or at a doctor's office, if you're curious. Do you lift at all? If you don't, you ought to start. Resistance training is good for women - keeps your bones strong! :) Pick up a copy of the New Rules of Lifting for Women and get goin'.

I lift...a little ;)