Trying to get back on track.

It's my senior year in college and my weight shouldn't be another stress factor. Last year I joined a gym, ate relatively healthy, and felt good all around. Now, I took on so many responsibilities I've gained all the weight back I lost and I feel miserable. With all the stuff going on in my life - work, internship, class, and president of my sorority I have had no time to plan out healthy food and I've been too tired to go to the gym. I really need to just get back to it because I feel like if I start feeling good about myself it will show in my daily routine. My goal is to lose about 30lbs.

I've been looking up some easy and cheap recipes to make and I'm all for suggestions. I'm going to try to go to the gym three times a week after my internship. Add me and keep me motivated, share recipes, etc - I definitely need it.

Replies

• good luck today is my 1st day on here and ive had a brull day so far:) xx eat all day including happy meal for tea but done loads of cardio and training today x i need to lose like 60lb!lol :) x also i find it hard making food to fit into my day
    sam
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    You have to find something you love to do for you when it comes to fitness, or you won't likely continue. Can you set small goals since your time is limited? Maybe the gym is too much for now, can you set a goal of a walk each day- even for 10-15 minutes? Or can you replace some travel between classes with walking? When at work, school, or anywhere, can you add in taking the stairs X amount of times each day? Also, get a pedometer, and aim to hit 10,000 steps a day- you'll find ways to hit that # if you are committed to it.

Its all about priorities. You are too tired to go to the gym, but if you were eating right, you would possibly have more energy- I know I do. Can you work on replacing some foods/drinks you know are not good? How about sodas? How is water intake. That busy if you aren't getting your 8 glasses a day, you could also suffer hydration and that can lead to additional exhaustion.

Being healthy isn't easy, but it is a choice, one we all strive for on MFP- and how to make our health better. Real changes come with time, and trial and error for all- good place to start, right here! :)