P90X Salvation

Options
I feel so proud to be part of this group. Here we go....

Start Weight:311
Current Weight: 278 (33 POUNDS LOST) 10.6% loss

Chest: 52.5/48
Waist: 51/47
Hips:49/45.5
Right Thigh: 49/45.5
Left Thigh: 26.5/25
Right Thigh 27/25
Right Arm:15.5/17.5
Left Arm: 15.5/17.5

30m0o4k.jpg

302awyd.jpg

Sat 11/03/12 03:23 PM
Well this is my 90 day reflection.
The P90X program has been a life altering experience. The confidence and knowledge that I've gained in the past 90 days has been overwhelmingly beneficial.

For the past six years I consistently put on around 10 pounds per year. I ate like a pig. Mc Donald's three or more times per week, potato chips, candy you name it I was into it.
My biggest vice soda, was becoming an addiction. I would drink a 24 pack of Coke Zero per week. I would fool myself into thinking that because it had no calories it was harmless.

My life has been a roller coaster of weight fluctuations. I was a obese kid turned high school athlete who excelled in rugby. During college my weight started to get the better of me again until my coach helped me turn it around. Without wanting to sound too arrogant, I had a lot of natural talent that was completely ruined by poor training and diet habits. Even with such apathy on my part I managed to reach many milestones with rugby.

In my mid - late twenties I finally blew my last chance with rugby. The resulting weight gain was predictably large. A few years later I decided (with a roommate) at the time to do a marathon. I guess that was the beginning of a more motivated me. I succeeded in shedding a ton of weight (which I never tracked) and completed the marathon. At the time I gained a ton of confidence from achieving something without the guidance or persuasion of others. That accomplishment combined with a new love of surfing kept my weight under control for around two years. I then proceeded to get married to the love of my life. My treasured ones son followed and life once again got the better of me, but like never before.

Fast forward to now- I finally know the key to my health
Nutrition consistent exercise and Family. I can't or won't have a family without nutrition and exercise.I was on a fast track to a premature death. Who knows what life will bring, but I want to know that I'm doing every thing I possibly can to be a healthy role model for my wife and kids.

I never ever want to be on the health 'roller coaster' again. I have the tools, knowledge and the confidence to succeed this time around. As always the test is my ensuing life not this one moment. I take immense pride however from knowing I really achieved something much more intrinsically motivating than any number on a scale.

To a future of happy healthy choices.
Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me with your supportive, encouraging and humorous words. I'll be there for you all too.
Round two started a week ago today!
Bring it!

If you would like some help with your own journey please friend me.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!