Side benefits to eating in a more healthy way

Options
It was such beautiful weather where I live today, a bonus warm day so nice to experience after Sandy. So, I spent some time outside cleaning my car. As I cleaned the interior, I realized a great benefit of my changed eating habits... no more petrified food garbage! No more crumbs, random fries or wilted lettuce bits. No fast food boxes, wrappers or receipts. And then I thought of all the junk that I didn't put into my body, all the money I saved and not having those feelings of self-hatred for succumbing to the drive-thru. That was some great motivation for me today. I'm so happy that I'm taking better care of myself... and my car!

What side benefits have you noticed from your healthy eating that motivate you?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice vabrado
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One of the bigs ones I have noticed is money. I have saved so much money by not eating out hardly at all anymore. Before MFP it was so easy for me to run through the drive thru on my way back home from class, but now I come home and make a healthy lunch instead which has saved me quite a bit of money over time. Also, I have more energy now and just feel healthier. Drinking a fruit smoothie after a workout feels way more refreshing than stopping by Sonic to get a cherry limeade!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice vibrato
    Fixed.

And very impressive.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    One time I found a Taco Bell taco under my seat that looked like a children's fake taco when I unwrapped it...good times.
    err...
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    In addition to the money saved by banning fast food (and that's a pretty penny, trust me!) I am SO enjoying the digestive benefits of eating healthier.

Within 30 minutes of every single greasy, high-fat meal I had terrible cramps and had to make a dash to the bathroom. I'm so glad to be rid of the screaming trots!

Oh wait... was that TMI? :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice bravado
    Fixed.

And very impressive.

Re-fixed.

And even more impressive.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice avacado
    Fixed.

And very impressive.

Re-fixed.

Re-Re-Fixed

I'm not sure how this is possible.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, well I pee falsetto now!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice Ricky Ricardo
    Fixed.

And very impressive.

Re-fixed.

Re-Re-Fixed

Re-Re-Re-fixed.

"Lucy, I'm home!"
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My farts have a nice Ricky Ricardo
    Fixed.

And very impressive.

Re-fixed.

Re-Re-Fixed

Re-Re-Re-fixed.

"Lucy, I'm home!"
    I've got nothing. You win.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I can't really follow any of that, but I have noticed my skin has really cleared up by eating clean and drinking a ton of water. My nails look great too.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It was such beautiful weather where I live today, a bonus warm day so nice to experience after Sandy. So, I spent some time outside cleaning my car. As I cleaned the interior, I realized a great benefit of my changed eating habits... no more petrified food garbage! No more crumbs, random fries or wilted lettuce bits. No fast food boxes, wrappers or receipts. And then I thought of all the junk that I didn't put into my body, all the money I saved and not having those feelings of self-hatred for succumbing to the drive-thru. That was some great motivation for me today. I'm so happy that I'm taking better care of myself... and my car!

What side benefits have you noticed from your healthy eating that motivate you?

Definitely more money from NOT eating out as much. Unfortunately, my car is still trashed from my husband and kids. :angry:

I do have a pet peeve, though, about fast food. When we do stop at a fast food place, I usually order a salad. Why is it they don't offer more than one choice for low-calorie salad dressing? I mean, really, if I am going to a fast food place and having a salad, obviously I'm trying to save calories! OK, rant over...lol.