I am looking for a good HRM any suggestions

Options
I am one of those people who has enough electrical charge in my body to make nearly every watch or excersise gizmo malfunction. I need one that will work. I have had the kind that you wear around your chest and has a wrist watch and I have done the ones without.
It's been awhile and I nolonger have mine. I think they went the same place my skinny bathing suit went.

Anyway what is the latest and best?

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT 7 and love it! If you just want a basic watch that has a chest band and it just tracks your HR and your calories burned, it is a great purchase. They sell it on Amazon for about $70. If you want something with GPS and other things, you will need to get something more expensive. I like the Polar FT7 because it will tell you when you are in a fat burning mode or fitness mode and will hold 99 work out sessions. I also purchased the docking station that will allow you to download it to your PC. It is easy to set up and operate. Good luck.
  • FitEndAg_i
    Options
    Stethoscope, ace wrap and timer of some sort. I monitor my heart rate while exercising on my bike twice a month or so, kinda cool listening to my heart!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I used to have a polar, when it broke I got the Timex on Amazon. It works just as well and it was about half the price.
  • siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The best? In my opinion it's any of the suunto line. I have had a td6 and love it, upgraded to the ambit and will never go back. Awesome menus, they all upload to computer and they look like a watch, not a monitor. For the money, I have also had a polar and they are nice. They function good and are a good buy. You just cannot compare the two however, they are in completely different leagues. Check out the suunto upload site movescount.com. It is awesome and part of what sold me on them. A plus is that they are waterproof. I swim and do mud runs with it. Good luck!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, it's the basic model that measures your heartrate, gives you the calorie burn. I got it from amazon for under 60$.

It has a chest strap that I think is very comfortable and it waterproof. I wore it before when I went swimming and it measured pretty accurately (I would say).

I think it's a great HRM for somebody who just wants to get their heartrate and calorie burn.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4. Easy to use and I've had it almost 2 yrs with no problems.