Newbie ;)

Options
Hi...new to MFP :)

I'm a 42 (on Nov 30th) year old stay at home Mom with 5 kids (oldest is 21 youngest is 2). I am doing low Carb as through trial and error I have learned that is what works for me. I need to lose 150 pounds. My Dr has me taking Wellbutrin due to stress and depression.

I know what causes my stress but I am stuck and have made the decision to try my best to work around it.

I don't get support at home and I have no family other than my kids and thanks to my depression I no longer have any friends that I can count on...then again if they were truly my friends they'd still be here.

I am looking for friends who are also low carbing to share ideas & recipes. I am also looking for daily support and will reciprocate daily support.

I am doing this to be healthy for all my kids and I want to increase the odds that I'll be around as long as possible to watch my youngest son grow up and be here for him.

Replies

• lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Although I should cut down on carbs, not low carbing at the moment. As for the rest of your post, depression is definitely a hard thing to go through and you will find a lot of people on here have suffered it at one time in their lives. I log on daily, and post often. Feel free to add me and you will find lots of friendly, supportive people here.

Good luck on your journey.
    Barb
  • Torii5683
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You have to start somewhere. Many ppl lack support but there is a great support system here. You can conquer all through belief and faith!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not doing low carb, but always need support - Friend Me!