Raspberry Ketones

Options
What are your thoughts? Do you feel they work...? Are they really healthy for you, not just for weight loss but in general? I bought a bottle but haven't taken them as prescribed on the bottle (2x a day 15 min before meals) but I was just curious on everyones take on the these things...Ive done some research and haven't found much negativity on the subject. Thoughts?

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. MFP has the perfect plan for you.
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I Was wondering about these as well.. Bump
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    no no no no no

you produce ketones when you are on a low carb, high fat diet. you create them when your body digests EFAs.

why pay for expensive ketones? stupid. Eat fat (EFAs) make ketones. Eating them will not increase your metabolism. If you are on a high fat diet your metabolism will become faster, but ketones have nothing to do with it. EFAs are essential for hormone health. Healthy hormones = great metabolism and increased ease of body fat burn.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The only thing these may have benefited was overfed lab rats. I don't think any studies have been done on humans.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    If you're looking for negativity, you've come to the right place!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts? Do you feel they work...? Are they really healthy for you, not just for weight loss but in general? I bought a bottle but haven't taken them as prescribed on the bottle (2x a day 15 min before meals) but I was just curious on everyones take on the these things...Ive done some research and haven't found much negativity on the subject. Thoughts?

Hello there!

Raspberry Keytones are proven to reduce lipogenesis in rats fed a high fat hypercaloric diet. This is not even remotely similar to fat loss in humans. Please save your money.

Lastly, you look great and I can very clearly see that you are not an over fed rat. Also I'm just trying to help and I'm not personally attacking you. Have a great evening and I hope I saved you some money.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    I have been taking them. It kind of curbs your appetite and gives you energy. I havent lost much so dont think they are as good as they say they are.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like raspberries.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Hello there!

Raspberry Keytones are proven to reduce lipogenesis in rats fed a high fat hypercaloric diet. This is not even remotely similar to fat loss in humans. Please save your money.

Lastly, you look great and I can very clearly see that you are not an over fed rat. Also I'm just trying to help and I'm not personally attacking you. Have a great evening and I hope I saved you some money.

your syrupy sweet is making me sick...knock it off
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hmmm thinking it sounds like pink coloured wee...think I'll pass.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Hello there!

The last thing I want here at MFP is to cause problems. I'm so sorry that my posts are making you ill. Perhaps I could make this up to you? I LOVE kitties.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    no no no no no

you produce ketones when you are on a low carb, high fat diet. you create them when your body digests EFAs.

why pay for expensive ketones? stupid. Eat fat (EFAs) make ketones. Eating them will not increase your metabolism. If you are on a high fat diet your metabolism will become faster, but ketones have nothing to do with it. EFAs are essential for hormone health. Healthy hormones = great metabolism and increased ease of body fat burn.

Do you have anything to back up that high fat diets increase metabolism?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Hello there!

The last thing I want here at MFP is to cause problems. I'm so sorry that my posts are making you ill. Perhaps I could make this up to you? I LOVE kitties.

hmmm...mayhaps...i do like to be scratched.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

SS.... I must say I'm a tad worried about your sappiness this evening.
    Have you been drinking?????
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Per Doctor Oz they are safe if you buy them from a reputable company. I have been using them as well as Green Coffee Bean extract, and they seem to be working for me. I feel like I'm losing a little more than I would normally...
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This topic is appearing a lot in the forums. Do a search on Raspberry Ketones and you'll find a ton of comments, some pro, mostly con about it.

Just for the record, I dont use them.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Per Doctor Oz they are safe if you buy them from a reputable company. I have been using them as well as Green Coffee Bean extract, and they seem to be working for me. I feel like I'm losing a little more than I would normally...
    Along those lines, it would probably be best to only buy the exact brand recommended by Dr. Oz. That's the only way to be sure.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Along those lines, it would probably be best to only buy the exact brand recommended by Dr. Oz. That's the only way to be sure.

1r8YL.gif