Water, exercise and My Fitness Pal

Options
Every time I work out, I can easily down a bottle of water during and after exercise. And probably another bottle on the way home!

That's 6 cups, just with the workout.

Every time I log more than 8 glasses a day, MFP has a hissy and my cup runneth over.

Should we drink more on days we exercise?

Replies

• bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    we should be drinking 8 glasses of water AT LEAST a day, at 8oz each... drinking more on workout days is probably a good idea since when you sweat you loose water...
    our bodys are made up of some crazy percentage of water.. i wanna say at least over 50%... sweating and loosing some of that water im sure would have negative effects... i could be wrong though
  • bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    that is if you dont replace that water into your body
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    2 bottles of water = 4 cups, not 6, right? There's 8 oz in a cup and about 16 oz in a bottle of water.

I've heard that you should take your weight and divide it in half to figure out how many ounces of water to drink per day.
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    3 bottles if you **** the one I could easily down on the way home

Can't see downing half my weight. Seriously? Do you know how much that is? But I do think I'll let my "cup runneth over" on workout days or days with high sodium.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    3 bottles if you **** the one I could easily down on the way home

Can't see downing half my weight. Seriously? Do you know how much that is? But I do think I'll let my "cup runneth over" on workout days or days with high sodium.

Think it was half the number of pounds, but in OUNCES
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    It should say COUNT. Stupid editor!