Brand new to fitness pal - Chicago area, looking for support

Options
Eating is a very big challenge in my life. I seem to do well in other areas of my life but when it comes to watching what a put in my body, I fail miserably. Total train wreck. I was raised in a family that traded off between pizza and 3/4 different fast food restaurants every day. Well, it's a new year, and I'm fully confident that I am capable of making some long term changes to my habits. My goal is to start making my lunch each morning before work so that I can eat more healthy. Specifically, I want to avoid any processed foods and target eating more vegetables each day. I'm going to be targeting a more healthier caloric intake and I hope to shed about 30 pounds. I have a trainer at Equinox here in Chicago and he's seriously fed up with me; that, among other things, is going to push me along here. Please feel free to friend me, and if you live in Chicago and are interested in accountability partners, I would be interested in talking.

I'm a 27 year old male, x-investment banker, just moved to Chicago from LA. Live in the Lincoln Park area.

Friend me and say hello. A little encouragement goes a long way.

Jon

Replies

• songbird121
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in chicago too, and the lunch thing is also a big one for me. I never get up early enough to make lunch, so I started putting all my dinner leftovers in individual containers that I can just grab in the morning. How has it been going for you? I see that this post is from awhile ago, but I just started using the site, and I thought I would touch base with some chicagoans.
  • CSausage
    CSausage Posts: 345
    Options
    Hey...Chicagoan here too. I'm new to this site and loving it. Have you found an more local people here?
  • mikematute
    Options
    I often go out for lunch too. 3 tips:
    1. Eat at chains where its easier to find nutritional here on MFP. For example, I tend towards Subway and Dunkin Donuts (there are actually items at DD that aren't deadly).
    2. Skips the chips, even the baked ones. They're empty calories. Ask for something else.
    3. Clif bars if you get hungry in the afternoon. But read the labels.

Good luck!