This might help with logging :)

Options
I shared this with my fitpals, and they liked it. So thought I'd share with the fitpal nation :-

hi fitpals, thought I'd share some stuff from australia prevention magazine, this research really supports logging your foods:-

Lose weight the write way x

A year long study of women aged 50 to 75, participants were put on a low kj diet or a diet & exercise plan, both asked to keep a food diary. Women in both groups lost weight, average 8.6 kg, But those who were most diligent with their diaries lost approx 2.7 kg more!!! Why, US scientists believe they felt more accountable for their diet.

Seems the pen is mightier than the scales xx

Hope that helps my friends who are struggling with logging xxx

Replies

• rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of truth to this... it's hard to hope for the best on the scale... when you can KNOW how you are doing by logging. Accounting for what you consume is such a big part of the process... the scale really only tells part of the results as well. I think tracking helps connect things with your brain as well.
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This post makes no sense. You said both groups were asked to keep a diary. And then you said the group that kept the diary lost more weight. Which is it? Both kept a diary or only one kept a diary?
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    This post makes no sense. You said both groups were asked to keep a diary. And then you said the group that kept the diary lost more weight. Which is it? Both kept a diary or only one kept a diary?

I think she means by the group who consistently logged. Like, on here, we're all given a log. Those who fill it out lose more, those who don't, don't lose as much.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    No, she said people within both groups who kept up with their diaries lost weight, presumably as opposed to people within both groups who did not keep up with a diary
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    No, she said people within both groups who kept up with their diaries lost weight, presumably as opposed to people within both groups who did not keep up with a diary

Ill rewrite :-

In a year long study of women aged 50 to 75, participants were put on a low KJ diet or a diet and exercise plan, and asked to keep a food diary. Women in both groups shed, on average, 8.6kg, but those who were most diligent with their diaries lost about 2.7 kg more. Why? They felt more accountable for their diet, say US scientists.

So the diligent diary keepers lost more, hope that helps, sorry if I missed that bit out and confused anyone.
  • c2111
    Options
    Sorry I missed the important bit out doh xx Have edited :)
  • c2111
    Options
    Bump I hope this info helps xx