Looking in the mirror

Options
I was reading an article in SHAPE magazine yesterday about women who love their bodies. They all described something they loved about their bodies and what that part enabled them to do. Everything from hands to scars to breasts used to nourish a baby. They were all women of varying sizes on a continuing journey of health.

Every one needs to love something about their bodies, despite the want to change parts of it. It gives us the self confidence to see and appreciate the good about our appearance, in stead of always focusing on what we want to change. It was a little hard to look in a mirror and choose what I liked, but after a little optimistic thinking and reading that article it wasn't so bad.

I love my long legs and the shape of my calves; they never fail me when I am walking or (attempting to) jog. And they look great in above the knee skirts!
I love my neck; even though I am over weight my neck is long and curves nicely from my chin to my chest.

The more I looked for stuff I liked the more I found! I hope all of you, men and women alike, will take a little bit of time and really look at yourself. It's a wonderful feeling to feel good about your self on the fitness journey! Choose what you like and share it with the rest of the MFP community!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was reading an article in SHAPE magazine yesterday about women who love their bodies. They all described something they loved about their bodies and what that part enabled them to do. Everything from hands to scars to breasts used to nourish a baby. They were all women of varying sizes on a continuing journey of health.

Every one needs to love something about their bodies, despite the want to change parts of it. It gives us the self confidence to see and appreciate the good about our appearance, in stead of always focusing on what we want to change. It was a little hard to look in a mirror and choose what I liked, but after a little optimistic thinking and reading that article it wasn't so bad.

I love my long legs and the shape of my calves; they never fail me when I am walking or (attempting to) jog. And they look great in above the knee skirts!
    I love my neck; even though I am over weight my neck is long and curves nicely from my chin to my chest.

The more I looked for stuff I liked the more I found! I hope all of you, men and women alike, will take a little bit of time and really look at yourself. It's a wonderful feeling to feel good about your self on the fitness journey! Choose what you like and share it with the rest of the MFP community!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :smooched: Thank you for thinking of us all and sharing the article and what you love about you! What a perfectly wonderful idea. To look at the parts we love that get us places and keep us strong. Only makes sense the more we find we love, the more we find we love the less we obsess on the parts we're learning to love!:heart:

So glad you shared Sarah xx
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!

I love my narrow waist, shoulders and collar bones. I really am thankful for the beautiful body I've been given. It's my job to treat it right!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i love my waist , collor bone and hips :flowerforyou:
  • rajekred
    Options
    Wow...that is a great idea. While I used to love the look of my back, I'm not there yet, but I know I will be. Right now, after staring in the mirror I realize I love my neck as well. It seems to be the only part of me that hasn't expanded, it remains lean. And I love my feet. Most people don't, but I do because they are what get me where I want to go.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    My "hourglass" figure! I want to lose weight and tone up, but I hope I stay curvy. :-)

P.S. And my 6 inch wrists! I looove my tiny wrists!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'd say my back and my breasts.:love:
  • WeightingForSara
    WeightingForSara Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love my eyes :)