Any Jazzercise Success Stories?

Jdieball
Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
I just saw a groupon for Jazzercise and want to hear any success stories out there. I have 3 days left to buy the special. I love working out with my bootcamp group but now that it's winter I need something to get me motivated to be there every day. Let me know what you think about it. Thanks!!

Replies

• Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    I haven't seen Jazzercise classes in my area since the 80's but I used to LOVE going and it was a pretty good workout. Mainly, it was just SO much fun! Now, I've switched over to Zumba (and enjoy that too).

Don't worry if you don't know the steps at first. Just have fun.

Good luck! :smile:
  • My sister has lost a TON of weight doing Jazzercise! So much in fact that she decided to become an instructor. She is seriously tiny now. They don't have a jazzercise center anywhere close to me, but I love doing it when I go to Texas to visit her. I'm always all sweaty and stuff at the end. She said that as instructors they have to have a certain number of "Current" songs that they do each time they teach. They get something like 36 new songs they can learn every 10 weeks. It's nice because they always have current music playing, not a lot of old crap. I would buy a package if there were a place close to me.
  • Rebeccappy
    Rebeccappy Posts: 9 Member
    I've lost 33 lbs doing only Jazzercise and a little walking. I LOVE it and find it to be the greatest workout. I know it is not for everyone, but the dancing makes the time go by quickly. I also find that instructors have a deep knowledge base on how to improve moves and techniques. I use my heart rate monitor and burn about 650-700 calories a class. Hope you enjoy it and get hooked!
  • 3hearts4me
    3hearts4me Posts: 4 Member
    I"ve been doing jazzercise three times a week since the beginning of september and am loving it!
    I thought it was going to be all old school aerobics but I was so wrong. The routines are all set to current music
    and I love the pilates/free weight parts to the class. The class I attend has women of all ages and sizes and
    I feel very comfortable there and have stuck with it. Best of all is the price, it works out to be $4 a class which is ridculously cheap!
  • I LOVE JAZZERCISE!|

The problem is, that I moved and there is not any classes in my new area :( It is the funnest workout I have ever done. I pray that a class comes to my city soon.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    I loved Jazzercize back in the 80's. I have moved on to lots of other types of exercize since but I think it would be a great way to
    get started. It was always fun, had good music to the latest songs and I found it very easy to follow. I would definitely by the
    Groupon--you will love it. I did it for about five years, later ended joining a gym and doing the classes that were offered at the gym.
    Have fun and good luck!
  • Jdieball
    Jdieball Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for all the feedback! I am going to join today! I'll let you know how it goes!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Unfortunately I don't live near where there's Jazzercise anymore, but used to do it and LOVED it! I lost my first 15lbs. that way :) Now a lot of my favorite running music comes from what we listened to there lol
  • I bought the Groupon for 20 classes and went to my first class today. A mixed group of all ages I thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Lol!!!! I had totally forgotten about jazzercize! My mom and aunt used to do that when I was a teen:)
  • scadoodles
    scadoodles Posts: 110 Member
    I have been jazzin' since may and I JUST LOVE IT! I've lost a total of almost 20 inches! I love the current music and variety in the workouts!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I loved Jazzercize in the 80's and stayed slender with very little effort. I would go again if there were a center near me with a class schedule that fit me. It was super fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!