Weight Loss Tips

Hello (:

I am now starting my plan on MyFitnessPal, and I was wondering if anyone has great, effective workout plans and great, healthy, yummy, low calorie recipes I could use. I currently weigh 200lbs and my goal is to lose at least 50lbs before my 21st birthday in June. but it would be nice if I could lose 20lbs by mid-January. I plan on working out 6x a week but don't want to be stuck with the same old boring workout.

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Hello! Welcome!!! :)

As for workout plans.... only you know what you can do, like, and know what you'll stick with. I just started going to this gym that's perfect for my needs (a 24hr that's not too pricey, independent, and great security for night time exercisers like myself), and I like to alternate my treadmill or elliptical days with my weight machine days. I work out 3times a week (most weeks), and I try not to do more because your muscles can tear and your body needs to repair the damage before adding on to more damage.

In regards to recipes: Two of my favorite sites to check out are skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com Both of those are MPF member favorites, too. Another good one is www.eat-yourself-skinny.com You'll find members on here will post new recipes, just in case you haven't seen them yet.

A normal, safe weight loss goal is anywhere from .5-2lbs a week, so don't beat yourself up if you're not flying through weight loss.

Best of luck, and again, welcome!! :)
  • Thank you so much!
    &' I will definitely try to find some good recipes on those websites!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!