Here we go again...

Options
First things first...this is probably my third time trying calorie counting. Need a lot of help this time!

So the short story of my weight journey can easily be explained as "yo-yo" dieting. I lose and gain constantly! This has become much more prevalent since my wife and I purchased a house last year. We ended up renovating our kitchen and bathroom which took time and left us getting fast food daily (sometimes twice a day). This did not affect my wife at all! She has, and always will be the weight she was in high school, which is good and bad for obvious reason...

Last summer I was doing a modified low-carb diet...more like paleo, and I was in the best shape of my life! It did not take long for that to pass and I ended up gaining 30+ pounds since then. Getting healthy for me is very difficult because I live with someone who CANNOT gain weight and she can eat anything she wants. That means there are always chips & salsa (my kryptonite, lol)

I don't want to ramble too much but that is basically the gist of it...I am looking for some friends here to motivate and get health with one another. I would like to have a good community of people here and hope that you guys will add me! Thanks!

Sean Dehnel

Replies

• foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Added :)
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    *warning*

I curse a lot, and say exactly what I think.
    I believe in EATING, and SMASHING things in the gym

I am supportive of my friends.
    add me if you like.
  • katamiller74
    katamiller74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey sean... i just came back myself... been on MFP for 10 days... so far so good! Hey!! Think of it this way.. YOU CARE, if you did not you would not be back.... C'mon we can do this!!!!

welcome back,
    Kathy
  • sean_d33
    sean_d33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds friends! I am already more motivated than last time I tried MFP. I look forward to becoming friends and meeting goals together!
  • TheJor91
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNjW2PW_s8

That reminded me of this song hahahahha. Just the beginning obviously.

Anyway. Broshan. Add me! We'll get it together!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My husband can eat anything he wants and just can't gain wt. and he wants to gain. He keeps all kinds of goodies around the house, which makes it hard to resist. You can do this!
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    request sent =)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sean, You're giving food to much power...sure having a wife that can eat anything is a pain for those that can't, but you said you were in the best shape of your life. Remember how you felt then, go back to that frame of mind, when you're wife is eating chips and salsa have some veggies and salsa. Make so kale chips...there are other options out there. I'm around people all the time that eat all kinds of bad things and even offer them to me. I don't partake because I know how many times I have fallen off the wagon and started all over again. Trust me as you get older it does get harder to do and to stick to. I do have to say though, this time it's been wonderful sticking for so much longer, seeing all the little changes. I wish you luck as you get back at it.