Marine Corps Ball pix last year and this year! WOW!

Options
I was so proud of my accomplishments when I saw the pictures of this year's ball and compared it to last year's. I hadn't gone shopping and all my old dresses were huge on me - well, all but one: THE ONE I WORE TO THE BALL WHEN I WAS 19!!!! That's right! I am a hoarder! I have kept it for sentimental reasons and this year I ACTUALLY WORE IT! I started my journey in February and have lost 42 pounds. I might have another five to ten to go. It is really strange to not be concerned with the number on the scale anymore. I have developed two hernias and have had to slow down until I can have surgery. This has been a bummer but I am happy to say that I have maintained my weight for the last two months with almost no exercise. After I am fixed, I am going to kick some butt! I bought myself a super tight "hot" dress to wear next year. It is my new goal! Just wanted to share my excitement. Stick with it! You can do it!

ogkxzb.jpg

Replies

• sirthickness
    Options
    Well done! Semper Fi.
  • matt1195
    Options
    You look great man and thank you for your service to this great country! Keep up the great work! You and your wife look like totally different people! In one word......Inspirational
  • laraglenn
    Options
    you both look incredible! congratulations and thanks for the service to our country.
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! Congrats!! .... looks like the hubby lost a few pounds too? :smile:
    Do share your routine and any tips.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My husband was inspired by all my work. He did insanity over the summer. I did Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. That is a great program. It is really tough, but not impossible! I lost 30 pounds in the first two months just by changing my diet! I gave up soda (which probably saves me 300 calories a day). I watched what I ate - 1200 calories a day. I know a lot of people say that is not enough, but I have had great results and am still alive and kicking a year later. Listen to your body!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow! is right you both look amazing. Congrats:drinker:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible. Such a beautiful couple :D
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    WOW congratulations - what a huge boost that must be to fit into a dress you wore when you were 19! Your hubby looks like he has shed some weight too - you look great together.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you have done a fantastic job!!! you two make a beautiful couple!! :smile:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    fantastic !
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You both look great!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    gorgeous! both look great, and younger!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    ... Check out your body language!! Last year it was close, but this year it's "we can't keep our hands off each other!"
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    fantastic work by both of you
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats on your progress and thank you for your service. :flowerforyou:
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and your husband looks 20 yrs younger! Great work!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    WOW, you both look great. Super Job.

Please thank your husband for me and my family for keeping us FREE and SAFE.

God Bless.
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!