Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    300 is NOTHING. Stop worrying.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You're doing SO WELL! One lousy meal/day does not define you as long as you don't let it. We all have them. If you feel you need some help, get it. But please don't let one meal derail all you have accomplished!

Stay well,
    Michelle
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You only went over by 300? Pat yourself on the back for doing so well. But if your eating is emotional, seeing a counselor is a really good idea. Even if you can stay under calories, emotional eating isn't very good for you.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes get the help you need and surround yourself with positive and successful minded people. Try to stop the self pity and negative talk. I stead try to become your own best friend saying things to yourself that you say to someone you care about and want to help support. You'll get through this... Just keep moving forward to your goals and remember be positive and stick to it over the long term. Good luck for your continued success :flowerforyou:
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm glad that you see that you have a problem with emotional eating... and are going to get help with that. That is a big step and will help you with to recognize triggers. One thing I will say is that your calories for your Chinese food are not correct. There's no way that if you ate the entire portion of what they gave you, it was only 1/2 cup of rice and 8 oz of chicken. Also, your egg roll has zero fat grams and we know that not to be true.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being real. Everyone slips and you just have to keep on going on and making the best choices you can make...
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No wonder you are such a failure..
    you just give up every time by crying and hope people here will say "it's okay"

Well It's not okay.
    If you think you eat to much or you are too fat then work you *kitten* off
    take no excuse

Mean. Don't agree with your method of "motivation".

I am wondering if this post was deleted, not seeing it anymore.

Oh and to those saying, oh you know there is just too much niceness going on here, too many pats on the back, get off the motivation and support threads! Normally I don't respond to such levels of ignorance, but our original OP had a lot of courage to post her problems with Monday, consequences and how she felt after. And because she posted, likely she'll think twice about how she felt. I am wondering snide commentor, have you ever faced losing signicant amounts of weight? Unless you are her therapist, or her mother, don't go there.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You are consistently under and had one crappy day. Assuming the several days before it are accurate, you have nothing to worry about. Kick *kitten* today and carry on. And drink lots of water. No worries! You clearly know how to lose weight. You've lost 54 POUNDS! You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    not really a crappy day at all. you didnt log the 20 minutes of exercise and even without it you were probably still in a deficit with only 300 over. I think your issue is perspective.

I used to binge over by 4000 (ya four thousand calories) in one day...so you are over reacting which is sort of normal here.

you didnt blow it by no means

keep on keepin on
  • bnietze
    Options
    I also went over on my calories yesterday. I went to the Pittsburgh Steelers game with my boyfriend and afterwards at around 2am when we arrived back in my hometown, we stopped at Steak N Shake. I went 1,500 calories over my daily limit. I felt absolutely horrible about it but the only thing to do is get right back on that horse and keep riding! lol I had been doing so good for about a week and a half, not going over my calories at all.. then yesterday I just pigged out. Oh well, I say. The past is the past, and today is a new day.

Btw, I totally know what you mean about the pretty girls at the gym. I used to have a membership and some of the girls at the gym I went to would literally sit there and make fun of people while working out. They are just mean girls. Don't let them bring you down. You are there to work on yourself. Try to ignore them and do your own thing! You are doing great! Keep it up!
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

wow your a bit**

the first comment btw not the second :P
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Pffft. That was yesterday. Today is a NEW day. Pick yourself back up and get moving. Any movement forward is good, no one said you have to be exactly at or under your daily calories every-single-day. You went over by like 300 calories, seriously no biggie. If you factor in other days when you were under calories, everything evens out and you actually come out ahead.

Seeing someone about your emotional eating is probably a good idea. Hopefully you can get a better understand of why you turn to food to feel better. Then you can learn strategies to avoid to pitfalls of binging.

Hang in there girl. Make today a kick-*kitten* day.

This! Think of the cals over the week, not one day or meal. Just eat differently next time. Focus on process, take guilt out of the equation :)
  • LeslieC1970
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Whilst even by my standards that seems excessively blunt, I accept the point. There's way too much niceness and back-slapping in this place. I get people wanting to seem nice and supportive, but sometimes people just need to hear it as it is, not dressed up in some faux-sympathetic patronising way.

I agree with you with most posts on MFP but in a post where someone seems emotionally fragile that tactic will have the reverse affect and only making the issue worse - there is a difference between motivation and support

I agree that these comments are not helpful. Try to be constructive not destructive.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your replies to my message today was a better day and every day going forward will be to! I really love MyFitnessPal for knowing when I have stuff like this people are always here to tell me to keep at it.