Rewards After Goal Reached

Options
2»

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    When I reach a certain size(skipped weight goals now..those suck) I'm getting my tattoo! ;) I keep going back and forth about not waiting..so who knows..I might just say screw it..and do it and pretend its for my last goal I reached..

:heart: :heart:

i am in the same boat....eff the scale...when i hit the goal size i want i plan on putting tons of ink on me...well maybe not tons, but at least 2 more....the designs are already drawn out.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    When I loose 10lbs I'm treating myself to a spa day!
  • DarcyGibbs
    Options
    I reward myself every single day by letting go of everything but that which makes me or moves me towards the strongest version of myself. I start every single day by breathing deep, smiling and then saying these words: "Today, like every day, is an opportunity to achieve your goals, fulfil your true purpose, forge an unforgettable future and be truly happy."

I get called a quack by my friends, but I am one happy ****ing quack!
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok, took a minute to think of something other than food to reward myself with when I hit my goals. You know that's very hard to do these days.

15 lbs - Sneakers
    25 lbs - Kindle Fire or other tablet
    40 lbs- New clothing
    50 lbs- Bracelet
    60 lbs- Pendant & Chain
    70 lbs- Diamond Earrings
    80 lbs- Sexy Clothing
    90 lbs- Island Trip
    Ultimate Goal of 100 lbs- Motorcycle
  • cnote91
    Options
    I know its hard to think outside of food these days. but I am glad that every one is working hard and I am very super proud of all of you. you guys are inspiring me a lot. I didn't think that would happen. You all are awesome!!
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There are not nearly enough totally shallow comments, so I will provide! I said at 20 lbs. I would have a piece of lemon meringue pie. When it was sitting in front of me, I couldn't do it! All that work, I can't just eat this! It really wasn't that big, but I split it with my husband and enjoyed it! At 25 lbs. I had set a piece of key lime pie for a reward. I ate the whole thing and loved it. At 30, not sure, I've got the whole pie thing out of my system. :-)
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I reward myself every single day by letting go of everything but that which makes me or moves me towards the strongest version of myself. I start every single day by breathing deep, smiling and then saying these words: "Today, like every day, is an opportunity to achieve your goals, fulfil your true purpose, forge an unforgettable future and be truly happy."

I LOVE this!!! What a wonderful attitude!

I'm ashamed to report that my "reward" for attaining weight loss and lifestyle goals is considerably more shallow... a pair of **freaking expensive*** LuluLemon yoga pants. :blushing: ...but not 'til I hit the 15-pounds-lost finish-line!
  • cnote91
    Options
    don't be ashamed of your reward. you worked hard for it. and pie sounds yummy!!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i have a LOT of weight to lose, so the total was really daunting when I started. I broke it down in 5 pound increments to keep myself motivated. At 10 pounds lost I got a charm bracelet, and will get a charm for each 10 off - I have my 30 pound charm ordered from Amazon now! For the in-between 5 pounds I get things like a pedicure or a facial. At 25 I got new shoes. It's all mapped out.....when I reach my goal my husband has been notified that he is taking me on an Alaska cruise....no matter what it takes for us to pay for it!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I REALLY like seeing my little ladybug moving on my tracker on here :)
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You know, I hadn't really thought about rewards for attaining my ultimate goal. I guess at this moment it's a new wardrobe ($$ willing!) and just knowing I'm gonna rock the beach with my new body!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I set my goals small--10 lbs at a time--and go for non-food rewards such as a new pair of skinny jeans or a pretty shirt, which I usually need anyway by the time I've lost 10-15 lbs. So far I've lost about 25 lbs total (I started losing before I joined MFP) and had a couple of fun mini-shopping sprees. Dropped 3 pants sizes and went from large to medium in shirts--that's MOTIVATING!
  • chrmam
    Options
    I started at 426 and today I am 324. 102 pounds. My caring husband bought me my dream reward, a bike. Now I am cruising down our country roads in the fall. All 6'3" 324 pounds of me. People better move. :)Rewards are important and so fun.
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I hit 65kg I'm getting properly fitted at a real lingerie shop! (no more kmart!)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Just waiting until I wean my daughter, and can find the best artist, but going to be getting a full back piece. I rewarded myself week by week for sticking with it with lots of workout clothes, and new tunes once every couple weeks.
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At 25 I got an MP3 player.
    At 50 I will get new running shoes.
    At 75 I will get a heart rate monitor.
    At 100 I will get my tattoo.
    Sponsored by my wonderful friends and family who are helping me get these things when I meet goal.
  • xeanx
    xeanx Posts: 69
    Options
    The way I look will be my reward.
  • cnote91
    Options
    All very cool ideas. I have to admit that I have actually lost 20 lbs not 3. And I have not rewarded myself yet. I wish I could though. The best reward that I have had so far is being able to look in the mirror and go where did it all go? lol I look at my pictures on facebook and can't believe I use to look like I did. I mean I had been over weight for most of my life and now I am fitting into clothes that I bought when I was a teenager, you know that time when you are trying to fit into smaller clothes that make you look bad, and i look great now.

and for wobbspsl are looking for someone to draw up a pic for your back piece? I LOVE to draw. you can message me if you want.

And for everyone else you are still inspiring me to really think about other rewards that are there. I have been so focused on getting a tattoo of a weeping willow tree on my arm, but there is so much more like being happy with what I have done in my weight loss. So thank you
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When I reach 145 (don't ask me why I chose this number instead of my halfway mark which is 148, haha, I thought about changing it but I was like, no I already said 145 I am not changing it! haha) I am buying myself some new work out clothes from Victoria Secret or somewhere fairly 'high end'
    At my final goal I am getting my belly button re-pierced. I had it done a while back but was always too fat to show it off. Then I lost all the top balls off of them and it grew over. Once I reach my goal weight I should be able to show it off anytime I want!!
  • cnote91
    Options
    That is pretty cool. It will feel so awesome to be able to show off what you created! Way to go