How long has it taken you to get where you are?

Options

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Great job everyone! Bumping because I'm also wondering how long it took everyone
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    My whole life
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    It has taken me three years. I was at my goal weight this time last year but I lost my job and gained back 12 pounds. I joined the "Y" 3 weeks ago and am down 2.5 pounds. Ten left to go!
    Good Luck Love Muffin!
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I started on September 10th 2012 and have lost 27 lbs so far. :) I have another probably 50 to lose, but I'm making my way there! :D
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I started in March and I am only down almost 30 :-/
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My whole life
    Truth!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    2.5 years of training daily and having a sound diet... used to be 218lbs fat now im 200lbs more solid at 5'11
  • rymack
    Options
    I have lost 69 lbs and started on April 4th 2012. This past month I haven't been losing very fast but its still coming off slowly. Started 30 day shred so hopefully that changes.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight (about 3 years ago), I lost 67 pounds in about 8 months. I stayed at goal for a while, but then eventually gained most of it back. This time around, the weight was coming off A LOT slower and I was getting discouraged, so I stopped weighing myself. However, I have dropped from a size 12 to a size 8 in just over a month.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It has taken me about 15 months to lose 30 lbs, although that included a few months when I gave up after a plateau and gained eight back. I have about 20 more to go, although I'm doing weights now so I might start focusing on body fat percentage instead.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I started my weight loss in July 2011. I started at 330 and by the new year 2012 I was around 265-270. I got down to 255 by the end of april then my weight stalled completely. I found out on the 30th of may That I was pregnant and by July 3 I was in surgery for a miscarriage that resulted in a D&C. I still exercised but stopped eating at a calorie restriction completely. I held onto my weight during may-june but after the surgery I lost it. I stopped counting calories and just started eating as much as I could put in. At the end of July I was 267. From The end of July to today, I weighed in at 230.8. .8 pounds away from 100 totally lost.

The thing about it is I am losing slowly and that is ok. I want to see 190's by the end of march 2013 so that gives me around 4 and a half months to lose 30 more pounds. Even if it takes me another year I will keep pushing until I see my goal of 170.

I just eat healthy and calorie restrict to a healthy level. I exercise a lot so my calories are around 2000 daily.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    8/2009 I started my journey. Loving every minute.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    It took me over 9 months to lose 20 lbs. Like most people have said here, it wasn't a gradual slide down the scale at all! Some weeks/months there was no movement, sometimes there was a gain. When I finally got to that "magic" number, I thought it would get easier....but...

I've spent the last 9 months maintaining and strengthening -- and I have to say that that has been more challenging than the loss. I think it's because racing for a number is something concrete, but judging your own body composition and strength is sooooooo crazy-making.

Once I got closer to my goal weight and was doing lots more weights and strength training, the scale became completely unreliable for judging where I was. In fact, watching that number once I hit maintenance was becoming detrimental to my progress. I'm so much stronger now than I was 9 months ago, but I'm 6-8 lbs. higher than my goal weight too. The clothes and the body fat are better, so I've ditched the scale except as a quick check once a month or so.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started on October 20, 2011 and I have lost 115 pounds as of this morning. Still have 30 more to go!
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You ask how long has it taken us to get to where we are, well lets just say this has been an ongoing progress since I had my first child. The time when you have a child, and think Im gonna go home and slip right into my pre pregnancy jeans, and become very depressed that you can not get zipped, yet get them on, . That would have been August, 1997.
    I have tried a million different things and I have bounced up and down, up and down, up and down, having three kids, several jobs (sometimes night ones). Trying and trying to feel good about myself. From weight watchers, to videos, to body system cleaners, from gyms, to workout buddies.. Nothing has fit as well, into my life as this My fitness Pal!
    Everything about My fitness pal works, It motivates you, it moves you and it can make your whole life change. I joined MFP January of 2012. For the first few months to April i mostly concentrated on the moving part, I stayed in the gym from 2-3 hours a day. Yes, I had progress and it worked, but I had yet to ask myslef can I really keep this up, is it really ok to spend 2-3 hours of my day all to myself in a gym. When I have a highschooler, JHer, and middle school child all verya ctive in everything and a husband who refs basketball, and is part of many organizations etc...
    No it was not possible to keep it going like that. I took a break as anyone would after working out that strong for that many months. I ended up gaining about 8 lbs of what I had lost and the "diet"went out the door. It was my husband who brought up the idea of purchasing "Insanity" online and trying it out together. I was sure, it will probably be like every other video I have bought. Just sitting in a drawer not being used.
    Well it came and my husband and I religiously followed it and the meal plan the whole first round through, and I just completed my thrid month straigh this past week, down 32 pounds for the year (so far) and feeling better then ever. I owe it to my husband, my savior, My fitness pal, and to the mnay friends I have met along the way. Obviously Im still not there but I don't see it as a diet, I see it as a life change and a great big one!
    Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me along this joureny. I needed it to be healthy, happy and fit!!!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Began June 16 of this year, as of today (almost 5 months) down 73 lbs. 1200 calories a day, 20000 steps per day tracked on my fitbit six days a week, logged every bite I put into my mouth on MFP, and did Jillian Michaels six days a week. Over 3 hours a day walking and exercising in total. 29 lbs to go.
  • aliclifton
    Options
    It has taken me 2 years to be at the weight I am. I started in 2010 at around 213, I gained another 10 lbs before I really started eating right. During that 2 year period I was also working out with a trainer and slowly gaining muscle. As of this morning I am at 228 and couldn't be happier. Just in the last six month I have lost inches in my thighs/hips and arms while gaining definition. Each journey is going to be different but the most important thing to remember for me is that I want to be healthy. I finished two 5ks this year which I don't think I would have been able to do 2 years ago. So even though the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I would like I am at a healthier place than I was when I started this whole thing 2 years ago.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I actually started in May of 2012. Now, I only got serious in about July...then found mfp...and it took off! Thank you FRIENDS!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Since my pregnancy, I've lost about 30 lbs. (But I'm not sure how much of that was all actual fat, since my data is from 6 weeks postpartum to now.) I really started knuckling down and doing the work around April of this year. So about 7 months. I have just 8 lbs left to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!