Is this cheating (weigh in)

Options
So usually I weigh myself every morning, in the buff before I go to work. Try to be as low as possible. I woke up this morning an hour earlier as I was going out for a run. I was 222.8lbs, I was going to log the weight but then thought I'd see what I weigh after my run (more out of curiosity). And I did and I was 221. Almost 2 lbs lighter, I haven't seen 222 let alone 221 this year so was still happy....but can I log it....is it cheating to log a weight after I've sweated out a 10km run? It was still the morning....oh dilemma.

Replies

• tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yes it is, for soon as you have a drink to replace the water you've lost running you'll have put that weight back on. I lose 2 lb at the end of a gym session but it's not a real lose.
    You're only cheating yourself.
    Only you can decide if cheating on your lifestyle change is worth it.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    personally i'd log the 222. The weight will only fluctuate back once you take on your daily meals, water etc. If you log that bigger loss today you'll only be logging a smaller loss/no loss next week.

Its up to you!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The fact that you have to ask tells me even if you log the lessor weight you will feel guilty and think may be it is not your real weight, So I would log the higher weight, enjoy a number you have not been before and then enjoy the lower in the next few weeks when you get there :smile:
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'd say "no." I usually try to weigh in about the same time when I do weigh in and try to have the same type of cloths on. I usually weigh in on Mondays...after I swim.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, you're supposed to log it this week, then next week make a dramatic post about how you've gained 2lb, or stayed the same.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Log the higher weight. That way you might be happier with next week's magic number.
  • justrunjon
    Options
    I always weigh in after a run, as long as you stick to doing that its not cheating! so next week weigh in after your run again not before!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'd say use the first weight as this is more consistant with your usual weigh-in.
    I have heard people say they lost after a run before yet I am ALWAYS heavier after a run :-( lol
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Yup, thought so. I logged the heavier one. Sigh...there will be a time for 221, but that is not now.
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I"d log the higher weight and you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised at the next weigh in rather than be disappointed with a gain :)
  • 6packb450
    Options
    If you maintain 221, then log it. Try again tomorrow.
  • Rodhands
    Options
    everyones different... I log every time I weigh (not on here, I have a personal spreadsheet)

I weigh every morning at work at about 8.30. I have recently started running before work though, does that mean I should change when I weigh myself? no, not if I plan to continue running on a regular basis

Do what works for you, if you can stomach the potential weight increase then log it, if not, then dont.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I find it motivating to log the lowest possible weight I can achieve during the week, even if that's after some combination of run and toilet visit! Then next week I can aim to beat that.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    It is cheating, thats just sweat

A few years ago we had team training one really hot day

The manager weighed us all prior to starting and straight after, not allowed leave until you have drank back the weight

90 minutes hard training, 3 pounds lighter.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Everything should be kept constant, i.e. the timing of the day, what you do beforehand, etc for accuracy on your progress.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in after a run, as long as you stick to doing that its not cheating! so next week weigh in after your run again not before!

This! ^^ It's your weight, log it. It's only cheating if you are doing something to make it lighter like tying helium balloons around your waist or something. ps-congrats on a great run and a great loss!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

This! ^^ It's your weight, log it. It's only cheating if you are doing something to make it lighter like tying helium balloons around your waist or something. ps-congrats on a great run and a great loss!

Thanks.

And thanks guys for the advice.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, you're supposed to log it this week, then next week make a dramatic post about how you've gained 2lb, or stayed the same.

LOL :happy:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Really I guess it just needs to be consistent. Either always before a workout or always after. I always record without working out, but I always look to see what it is after! :smile: The problem with recording after the workout is what happens next week if you (1) don't work out at all or (2) put in a much easier workout and don't lose as much. Then you might end up frustrated b/c you didn't lose as much or possibly went up.
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would log the heavier weight, then hopefully next week's weigh in will be a nice and much lower surprise!