One hell of a journey

Options
So Jan 2010, my wife and I made the decision that our life had to change. I myself was at 485 and had some health issues due to the weight, Together we are nearing the 410 pounds lost together. I could have not done it without my wife and my MFP support. I do get frustrated at times and just look at my before pics and realize what has been accomplished.For those of you that have just started your journey or the light at he tunnel seems so far away, just remember to take it one day at a time! If you think I could provide you some support feel free to add me...but you must keep your eyes on the prize and keep your focus. Good luck..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! I am looking for new friends to keep me motivated as in the last few months I still am exercising like a beast but have not been logging food. Time to keep my eyes on the prize.

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    That is spectacular! When I read 485 and glanced at your profile pic my first thought was "DUDE! That is awesome!" :bigsmile: Keep on keeping on man, you and your wife have made some GREAT changes!
  • di0215
    Options
    OMGosh! What an inspiration! I am 62 years old and have battled the bulge all my life. I, too, have health issues that require my full attention. Besides that, we have a trike and love, love, love to travel. I don't want to have to give that up because I can't swing my leg over the bike!!! What have you and your wife done to lose all that weight? My husband and I are doing this together also and could use tips. Keep up the great work!
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    At the onset we were very strict on our eating as well as working out daily and multiple workouts on the weekend. One day at a time.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You and your wife should be very proud! Great thing to do together!
  • di0215
    Options
    Are you counting calories?
  • IMDABEAST
    Options
    was while i was losing, but stop when I was trying to maintain. Now I am counting again to be more accountable.
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow u have both lost so much weight! Way to go. Amazing
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible accomplishment! Congrats to both of you!!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am getting closer to where I will be starting maintenance and was starting to plan for that transition when the time comes. How long did it take you to settle on your intake for maintenance?
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Amazing loss and together through it all....Nice
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    amazing seeing that 285 number ... good job beast.

what were your tactics/strategies for staying disciplined on the weekends ... if you had any.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Congrats!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Further proof that it can be done! Thank you for sharing and giving me the confirmation that I, who is almost in the exact same spot you were not long ago, can do it too!

You are an inspiration to me and I am sure others. Congrats to both you and your wife, and thank you.
  • mamatokkols
    Options
    awesome..... I wish, pray, hope I will get there:sad:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You and your wife have accomplished so much. Keep up the great work.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great to see a couple working together as well, you both should be so proud of how far you've come!!
  • IMDABEAST
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. One day at a time!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that that your and your wife's lives have changed dramatically! Congratulations to both of you! I have never met someone who has lost 285 pounds--I am in complete awe of you. Shame on me for my pity party because I need to lose 35 pounds! You inspire me beyond words! Good luck during maintenance!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Open for friends if you are willing to log every day and have an open diary!

Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!