College-aged friends!

Options
Hello, I'm new here. I'm 6'2" tall, currently at 230 pounds. I'm not grossly overweight by any means, but I would like to reach a much higher level of fitness. My obstacles at the moment are motivation and McDonald's. Once I get started with a workout routine, the healthier eating always seems to come naturally.

I'm looking for people around my age to help with motivation (both ways!) and other various college-aged conversation. I've found that it's easier to relate to people whose bodies are at the same point in life.

Bonus points if you know great recipes. I'll like you.

Replies

• elskars
    Options
    No one? Oh. Okay. :(
  • KatieAr21
    Options
    I can completely understand. Well, not really the McDonalds crave, but motivation. It is so frustrating because I am so limited on time as it is and being motivated to work-out in my free time usually doesn't sound appealing. I also struggle with wanting to eat snacks when staying up late to study. Living on a college campus is less than conducive to losing weight!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is my Everest. There is one literally right next door to my work. I can smell the aroma of sausage mcmuffins as I get out of my car EVERY MORNING!!!

and I cave 2-3x a week :sad:
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I'm 23 and have sent a request. Hopefully we can both meet our fitness goals :)
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and I relate to the wanting friends of the same age/lifestyle. I've never been a huge fan of McDonald's, but the Einstein Bagels on campus and I have a pretty steady relationship. Friend request sent
  • NayaBear
    NayaBear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I'm sure once I use the app more I'll add some of my signature recipes!
    I'm a university student too!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    21, but replace the McDonald's crave with burrito crave. I have a kitchen in my dorm room and know how to cook a bit. Feel free to add me.
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My sister works at a McDonalds....and i pick her up after college every day...oh the smell v.v ....anyway.....im college aged lol.... but now a days, I realize that college age can be anywhere from 17-59 (or older but the oldest I've meet so far was 59!)
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 22, and I'm currently going to college. I feel ya on the needing motivation thing - it's hard for me too. My biggest weakness is Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I cave a lot on them - and sweets in general - but gosh darn. We will do it! Friend request sent!
  • birdvsplane
    Options
    23 year old pizza fiend, myself, good luck to all.
  • elskars
    Options
    Thank you very much, everyone! I'm looking forward to this. I'd still love for anyone else to add me. :)
  • elskars
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 22, and I'm currently going to college. I feel ya on the needing motivation thing - it's hard for me too. My biggest weakness is Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I cave a lot on them - and sweets in general - but gosh darn. We will do it! Friend request sent!

You just reminded me of Five Guys. I had forgotten that existed. Bring on the cravings!
  • SadieU
    Options
    I lacked motivation at first too! But, now that I actually started working out I love it! I'm an 18 year old full-time college student with 2 kids, a part-time job, and I still find time to go workout! If you set your mind to it you can do it.

You know what always helps me when I'm thinking about a fast food place? I think of all the grease and nasty bad things for you that is in that food. That usually makes me steer clear.
  • kittymewmew66
    Options
    Grad Student/ Full time/ feel free to add me.
  • elskars
    Options
    I'd still like some more friends, if anyone is willing. :)
  • blahblahfood
    blahblahfood Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    21 year old college grad here. I know what you mean about McDonald's. My roomie works there but after the horror stories I hear... kinda puts me off it. I am more than willing to share a few recipes (I am a culinary grad after all :P).
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    im a junior in college
    everyone can feel free to add me im on here almost every day
  • elskars
    Options
    I am in dire need of some new friends!
  • emmyelleNYC
    emmyelleNYC Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    college senior! feel free to add me everyone, currently trying to figure out easy and quick, yet healthy, recipes! :)
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is, I'm a college student :) I'm 22. And I also love to cook, so always willing to share some recipes.