Don't know what that is???
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    not using the website, but applying IIFYM rules to my food choices
  • cmccane
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros.

It's an interesting diet concept that as long as you fill your daily macros and stay at your caloric intake (under to lose weight, over to gain, or at tdee to maintain) any food is fine to eat.

.5g/fat per pound of bodyweight
    1g/protein per pound of bodyweight

I believe that it will work theoretically but your body will not benefit from the micro nutrients and vitamins from healthy whole foods as opposed to pop tarts, ice cream and corndogs.

Some of the bros live by it though and still maintain great physiques.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros.

It's an interesting diet concept that as long as you fill your daily macros and stay at your caloric intake (under to lose weight, over to gain, or at tdee to maintain) any food is fine to eat.

I believe that it will work theoretically but your body will not benefit from the micro nutrients and vitamins from healthy whole foods as opposed to pop tarts, ice cream and corndogs.

if you took 5 sec to check out the website
    you would see that it promotes fitting some small amount of "bad" food (pizza ice cream whatev) into balanced and healthy diet
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros.

if you took 5 sec to check out the website
    you would see that it promotes fitting some small amount of "bad" food (pizza ice cream whatev) into balanced and healthy diet

Yep! IIFYM isn't about eating "bad" foods all day long. I mean, how hard would that be to even make a day full of junk fit your macros? I could never do it!

It's about having a well balanced healthy diet, that doesn't exclude anything. That as long as your individual needs are met (macros and calorie requirements) that you can reach your goals. For example, you can have some ice cream every day if you want, if it fits your requirements for the day. It also encourages meeting micro targets.

As you can probably tell, I follow this. I don't use the website though.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That sounds a bit like my diet. I still love my Mt Dew Throwback.