Do you take dietary supplements?

Options
Just wondering what supplements people take and what benefits you get from them?

At the moment I'm just taking a multi vitamin, but have noticed a few people mention taking supplements (or seen them in friends diaries), and I'm curious. Things such as fish or omega oils, etc. Do they really work?

Replies

• qnih
    qnih Posts: 16
    Options
    I take a multivitamin/multimineral (Centrum Advance) once every 3 or 4 days. It's better to get the required vitamins and minerals in actual food. Hopefully I'm doing that (it's difficult to keep track of all the different nutrients!), but I just take the occasional tablet as a backup.

As for fish oils, I'd much rather get those from fish... yummy!
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Omega 3-6-9 helps keep my depression from recurring. It works very well for me. I wouldn't recommend it over antidepressants for someone that's currently depressed but taking it makes me feel like I have some small method of defense and it keeps me mindful of symptoms of depression that I should watch out for.

Iron keeps me from being anemic and I take calcium just because (but not at the same time as iron- each blocks the absorption of the other).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I take estrogen blockers and cycle through different supplements to increase testosterone and to increase human growth hormone.