The Meaning of Life...(is NOT in the fridge!) Febuary Chall

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    My post above, I'm not catching on to this list thing......

The Meaning of Life is NOT... :

...in the Fridge
    ...in the Bag of Trail Mix
    ...in the Peanut Butter Jar
    ...in the Bottle of Canadian Club/Johnny Walker Black/Coquito/Palo Vejo/Puerto Vallarta Tequila
    ...in the Can of Whipped Cream
    ...in the Bag of Croutons
    ...in the Bag of Cheese Cubes.
    ...in the jar of maraschino cherries.
    ...No, it's still not in the can of whipped cream.
    **Not in my husbands' Mounds Birthday Cake, with tons of coconut,frosting, and nuts....***
    **NOT in that Birthday Pizza**
    ...in the bag of mini whole wheat pitas. One, maybe. 12 - not so much.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    again with the acronyms Kayt? HFCS IV LOL

Marla and I have a running joke, because I use them all the time too. I usually figure yours out. But now you'll start making up really obscure ones, huh?

I didn't mean it to be a major crazy acronym, I only noticed now! HFCS = High Fructose Corn Syrup, IV = Intravenous. You know what LOL is ;)

ARGH isn't an acronym, it's a Pirate sound. OMG, I love Nyquil...I also love Dayquil. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Not the green stuff, though, cherry or bust!

Meaning of life in the bottle of Nyquil? Or...no, that's just a really cheap/tacky way to get loaded. Damn.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    beqy12 -- This challenge is very informal, just keep checking back here and posting and you're on the train.

OK, Kay, you asked for it...beqy...just keep chugging along...get it???huh????huh???get it??? train...chugging...I crack me up!!!

Don't groan, Kay, you really did ask for it.

I can assure you all that life is definately NOT in the bottom of a bag of sour cream and cheddar chips. I took one for the team and personally checked it out:sad: Nope, not there...but I did stay under calories, so I guess it turned out ok. :blushing:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kayt.

IAUTHFCSO. IWTY. IATG.

CU2moro.:tongue:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Ok, Cheryl. You win. I am TOTALLY stumped. I think we need to join forces and write the definitive guide to acronyms, and Acronomicon, perhaps?

Keep on chugging is right, we're on the little engine that could--"I think I can I think I can!" (And I did ask for it, and I love it :P)

The meaning of life is showing up in a lot pf places this week--on my new Wonderfalls dvds, in the pages of Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma", in my hammock, and especially in the realization that I'm only 3lbs away from hitting my 20lb mark.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kayt.

IAUTHFCSO. IWTY. IATG.

CU2moro.:tongue:

:laugh: At a previous job, I had to buy birthday cards and get everyone to sign them for the "birthday employee". My favorite accountant of all time always signed the card with acronyms. It became a fun exercdise to try to figure out what in the heck he meant. I don't know if he ever stumped us or not, but it was great fun.

^ above^

I actually understood the High Fructose Corn Syrup One. I was teasing you. I am tired goodnight.

I am so happy for you that you are close to the 20 pound weight loss. Time for a chunk of Pineapple! :drinker:
  • kgasser
    Options
    The meaning of life is showing up in a lot pf places this week-- in my hammock,

Are you freakin' kidding me...I am here buying snow tires anticipating 6-12 inches of snow in the next 24 hours and you are talking about hammocks...I used to like you...now...not so sure! :explode:

and especially in the realization that I'm only 3lbs away from hitting my 20lb mark.

I am so very proud of you! You rock!:bigsmile:
  • kgasser
    Options
    ok, the meaning of life is DEFINATELY not in the bottom of a bag of M&M's...I checked....twice! Just to make sure. Has been a really bad weekend with the blizzard that struck Pittsburgh, too many calloffs to remember, let alone cover...will be back on track starting tomarrow morning!

Have a good day all!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    The meaning of life is not at the bottom of Jose's delicious Metropolitan (like a cosmopolitan, but with OJ instead of cran) but it sure was an enjoyable search.

Kim, drag on the blizzard. My hammock only has room for one, but I do have two pretty comfy plastic lawn chairs on my deck if you wanna come and visit. The only rule for visitors: we have to go surfing. I haven't tried it yet and I'm dying to go, but need a buddy!

You should make a snowman or have a snowball fight or go sledding! Meaning of life might be in playing in all that snow :P

Cheryl, how I do not miss the generic birthday card pass around. Definitely got you on the acronym train. Had myself some pinapple, might try and forage for some coconuts to reward myself tomorrow--if I'm lucky I'll get to play in waterfalls again! Just gotta not have work to do...hope hope hope!

Mmmm, the meaning of life tastes a lot like oatmeal with vanilla, cinnamon, rasins, walnuts and pear.
  • kgasser
    Options
    I am packing my bags as we speak...unfortunately round 2 is about to hit, so I probably will not be able to get a flight out! DARN!

We had a waterfall here....and it is still here...it is white and 2 feet deep!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Is it snow, or ice? I was living in Lake Louise before I came down to PR, and we had this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11230553@N06/3313373352/sizes/l/in/set-72157614411376883/) beautiful bad boy at the back of the lake, opposite the hotel I was working at. No waterfall to be seen in the summer, but the ground runoff would freeze into this majestic blue monolith (blue becuase of the sediment from glacial runoff that all our water up there was!)

Gosh, I took that photo just about a year ago, how time flies.

The meaning of life is in fond nostalgia! Also in fresh coconuts, but NOT in the tacky lemon bundt cake from sam's club that is in the fridge.
  • kgasser
    Options
    snow...2 frickin feet of the stuff with more cmoing today!

Sounds beautiful...wish I were there.

The meaning of life is in Light string cheese...60 calories and you can make it last for at least 10 minutes!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    The meaning of life is in the pool. so many nice people there, gets me out of the house, yesterday I spent two hours in the water. It was fantastic after missing two of my workouts last week cuz I was sick.

That waterfall is awesome, kayt.

kgasser. Tee hee. So don't miss the mess. (to kayt, kgasser lives in the small town where I was born in Pennsylvania - small world, eh?)

The meaning of life is STILL NOT in the bottle! No drinks since the first. I had some carrot cake yesterday. Wasn't as good as I had been dreaming about. So, apparently - no meaning of life there. Of course it would have been better if I had baked it myself instead of taking the safe way out and buying one slice at the grocery store.....but at least if ya have only one slice, ya eat only one slice. Take THAT sugar.
  • kgasser
    Options
    kgasser. Tee hee

You really are quite evil! Must have lived in Shenango!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    kgasser. Tee hee

You really are quite evil! Must have lived in Shenango!

hmmm . Don't understand that reference. But I do have some connections to Shenango. I still have my baby dish-set from the 50s made at Shenango Pottery. My cats eat off Shenango pottery saucers that I found at second-hand stores here in Seattle, AND-my Aunt and Uncle ran the Shenango Inn for years and years....
  • kgasser
    Options
    I live in Laurel school district, Shenango people are evil! Gotta love those school rivalries. I live 10 minutes from theShenango Inn!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I live in Laurel school district, Shenango people are evil! Gotta love those school rivalries. I live 10 minutes from theShenango Inn!

Ah! Gotcha. Did you make it home?
  • kgasser
    Options
    Yep and I am taking today off despite the fact that we got like 10 more freaking inches!

I FOUND THE MEANING OF LIFE...it is Wii active! It is so fun, it should be illegal...and it kicks your butt! I have worked out every day for the past month and I was still this morning after trying it for the first time last night for 20 months!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Yep and I am taking today off despite the fact that we got like 10 more freaking inches!

I FOUND THE MEANING OF LIFE...it is Wii active! It is so fun, it should be illegal...and it kicks your butt! I have worked out every day for the past month and I was still this morning after trying it for the first time last night for 20 months!

Like. Might have to buy one. How much are they again? Never mind, I have internet.:tongue:

I'm off to the pool. Glad you got home safely, Kim.
  • kgasser
    Options
    Best $50 I have spent in a while...just ordered a Bodybugg, speaking of spending...can't wait for it to come in...it might be the ULTIMATE meaning of life!