Losing one pound a week.

sayuri1
sayuri1 Posts: 111
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I know that when you start an exercise program you lose more weight in the beginning and that
gradually it starts becoming harder to lose extra pounds. On average for me I've been losing about
a pound a week. Though my question is that since I am working out 2 hours a day for six days a week
shouldn't I be losing an average of 2 pounds a week? Or am I on the right track?

302666.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    I think it's a combination of exercise and what you're eating, a lb a week is a reasonable goal.
  • demiahbryant
    demiahbryant Posts: 12 Member
    Your body may have adjusted to your workout, so change your routine. If you're a runner, join a boxing class. If you do a lot of cycling, try weightlifting or an aerobics class. Confusing the body can produce great results!
  • are you measuring yourself ? it may not come off in lbs but in inchs ??
  • Maybe the type of excersise you are doing is not only making you lose weight but also adding Muscle.
    Keep up the good work!
    Your doing GREAT!!!!
  • teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    My average is about 2 pounds a week for the past 5 weeks maybe a little more. I workout about 1 hour 6 times a week cardio 3 days weights 3 days. I eat every 2 to 3 hours. So maybe your working out to much or not eating enough. But a pound a week is still good. Keep it up everyone is different.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    1 lb a week is the amount recommended as healthy unless you have a lot to loose. You are doing very well.
This discussion has been closed.