Favorite motivational quote/inspirational story?

Options
What is your favorite quote or inspirational story to keep you going on this journey? Mine is:

"Even when I'm in the valley, my eyes are on the mountaintop."

This I use for anything and everything that life throws at me and it's worked pretty well for this chapter. What keeps you going when you want to give up? Is it a song, a poem, a story, a quote?

Replies

• pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    "A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time." - Mark Twain

Everytime I get discouraged, it reminds me that this is a process and we are literally retraining our bodies to be healthy, which takes time.
  • bambi5014
    Options
    "A smile is a curve that can set many things straight."
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    “Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”
  • gillebhrighde
    Options
    In times of self pity or despair I have a huge list of inspirational quotes which I have collected over the years. These are a few of my personal favorites:

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
    ~Thomas Edison

“The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare.”
    ~Juma Ikangaa

“Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”
    ~T.S. Eliot

"I hope to always have everything I need but never everything I want."
    ~Glenn L (Me).
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    "The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost

"Life is such an adventure, I can't wait to live it some more." - Author Unknown

"To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life." - William Londen
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    My tag below
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.”-Eleanor Roosevelt
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. ~ Helen Keller