Diet Supplements (Hydroxycut, Alli, Xenadrine, etc)

Options
2»

Replies

• CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use to take Starker with Effedrine in it.. I lost wieght with it.. When they took Effedrine off the market and out of Staker I had to quit using it.. Effedrine seems like it did help me loose. Since then is when I started to try to find something else to help me. But reall nothing has doine as wekk as Staker with Effedrine in it ever did..

There's a really good reason that the FDA made ephedrine a controlled substance (ie: took it off the market): It's really bloody dangerous. Yeah, I lost 3 stone pretty easily, but I also developed severe anxiety bordering on the agoraphobic (I couldn't leave the house to get milk!), suffered regular panic attacks, and still don't know the long-term damage I did by putting my heart under that much strain on a daily basis.

So little is known about the long-term effects of 'diet supplements', it just isn't worth gambling with your health like that. If there existed a symptom-free, completely safe diet aid that yielded fantastic results, do you not think GPs around the world would be handing them out to their obese patients?

Hard work: it's the way forward.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and ephedrine is useful to get to really lean levels. I got stuck at about 10-11% body fat and used eph + caff and a small deficit of around 2000 cals a week to drop down to about 7-8%. Then put on weight when I started working out (in a good way) and now trying to get to 6-7% bf. But it's a slow process; half a pound of fat/week max really.

Moral of the story is: don't use stimulants unless you have less than 5lb to lose.

I've actually seen massive research on this lol it's all over the web not to mention the gnc reps usually suggest it after failed attempts At there products
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    And I'm prob gonna get so much *kitten* for saying this but my mom and aunt are both on alli and yes it does work and my aunts lost 60 lbs on it and its been a year and has kept it off!!