Jillian Michaels

Options
Has anyone read Jillian Michaels book "Master Your Metabolism". I was thinking of buying the Kindle version but wanted to see if people thought it was good or not.

Replies

• gennyvieve
    Options
    i am currently reading it and i think it's pretty great!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Not worth it..IMO

Kim
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I have it on the Kindle - and I like it. She explains the horomones and how they function in your metabolism. I am about half way through it.
  • dooper74
    Options
    I haven't read the book yet, but might soon. I am a big fan of the Biggest Loser, but 1 thing that I notice that they have NEVER mentioned (or at least I've never heard), is when the females gain or lose just a pound or two, they NEVER mention their menstrual cycle!!!!! I know for me personally, I gain 5-7 pounds when I start ovulating and then lose it about 2 days after my period stops. That's about 2-3 weeks on the up side of the scale. Have you ever heard them mention that? Does Jillian's book mention that at all? Curious.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    basically, a summary of the whole book is, Eat Organic and Clean Orgainic
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love this book! I've read it three times, and it has totally changed our lifestyle. For the first time ever, I care about getting healthy rather than getting thin. Surprisingly, that is a much better motivation! :)

I am not weighing myself, but I did fit into a pair of jeans yesterday that I haven't been able to wear for a year.

It has lots of scientific language, which was hard for me to get through at first, but it was well worth it. Check it out!
  • fozzy33
    Options
    This book is amazing.....a great read!