Get FAT with Endomondo

Options
Apparently Endomondo can't do math.

Top one was added by the MFP - Endomondo connection. I put in the same time (19 minutes) using the same exercise, and per MFP's calculation suddenly burned 53 fewer calories.

21azbdu.jpg

I shudder to think what happens to the overall caloric intake of big exercisers who trust Endomondo. "Hey man, I just burned 2000 calories watching a half hour of TV!!!"

Replies

• mgreenham
    mgreenham Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Who knows which is right? Add to that your treadmill and I bet you get yet a 3rd answer... I've been using the BodyMediaFit device which "says" it uses more of a scientific method of calculating cal burned. It's a sensor you wear on your arm that measures a bunch of stuff that then uploads into MFP. I asked around before I got it and people seem to have been very fond of it, so I found one on Ebay for $75... For me the jury is still out.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    yah idg why you'd assume one is any more right than the other lol....
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I assume that because every other place / site I look at all stay around 150 calories for my weight. Except Endomondo, which I think is french for "lyingcaloriecounter"
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    ...and yet, people think the calorie reports from their heart monitor are gospel...
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Agreed Cyclink. I'd just like it close, ya know.
  • tr33p1g
    Options
    None are truly accurate and who knows which to trust. I've tried all the running apps I can think of and none of them agree on calorie burn. I just use my HRM, which may not be correct itself but it seems to be doing the trick for me so I'll stick with it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    For one, why would you use Endomondo when watching TV? It's purpose is to track walking and running outside.

For two, who cares? It's all an estimate anyway.. and if it bugs you that much, then don't eat those 53 calories that you supposedly burned.

If I run 5 miles, my HRM says I burned something like 800 calories.. Endomondo says I burned maybe 500-600. Personally, thats a bigger worry then 53 measly calories.