Hey there! Any advice is welcome.:-)

Options
So here's my story....it's long....kinda...haha...
My names is Cathy..and I am a proud military wife. Met the love of my life in highschool. And have been married for 3 1/2 years. I have a beautiful 2 year old girl.
So here's where it starts... In 8th grade I was 180 and 5 ft at 13 i was diagnosed with Pcos ....once highschool started I found myself in Jrotc and by the end of the year with all of the physical activity it brought me...I lost the weight and got down to 120.. I kept my weight at 130 all through out highschool.
I've been battling with my weight since then...now at 206.... This past year i had gotten down to 175... I kept exercising and eating right.....keeping track of my calories...but the problem....I also have a ruptured disc in my back and come to find out recently I have nerve problems in my back that effect my legs..so I can not do the same amount of exercising as most people... Well...
This is where my frustration comes in..after 3 months of staying at the plateau of 175.... And keeping to it...I started gaining weight....after another month of nothing but gaining instead of loosing....I gave up....that was 3 months ago...I'm just at a loss of what to do..doctors keep telling me..low carb low calorie diet and exercise 4 times a week...I just don't know what to do at. This point bc I kept to that plus more...I've even had tests done such as diabetes and all that...but I have none of it.... Can anyone give me an idea or advice on what to try? Im at the point where my weight is effecting my health where. My PCOS and back are getting worse...
Thanks for reading and listening...
:-)

Replies

• SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with PCOS or back injuries, nor do I work in the medical field. I know sometimes metabolism is slow when there is a thyroid problem, so that may be something to have checked out.

Also, I had a colleague with a similar story in terms of not being able to lose weight; and it turned out she had a yeast build up in her intestines. I'm not sure how this affected her weight, or if it was even remotely related. She went on a yeast cleansing diet and although it wasn't meant as a weight loss plan, she did lose weight. She did it because of the other health issues caused by the yeast. I think you can google yeast build up and answer questionaires online to see if this applies to you. I have meant to try it for myself just because she made me semi-paranoid about yeast, and also because her tummy is so flat now, ha ha.