Disproportionately Large Waist?

Options
13»

Replies

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    how have you lost 92 lbs???? and how long has it taken you to lose the weight ???:smile:

I had weight loss surgery--a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on 4/4/12. It was the best thing I ever did. Now I just try to stay within my eating guidelines from my surgeon. I still have 20-30 lbs. left to lose (I'm not sure what my goal weight is anymore).
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Ok question where do you measure your hips? Because my measurements are 36-33-40 at 183 and I don't appear to have wide hips but just a round behind lmao maybe I'm measuring wrong idk

I've always been told your 'waist' is at the smallest part of your torso and where you bend to the side.

You should measure your 'hips' at the widest section. However, for me, since I've started lifting weights, I find my widest hip section is now higher than it used to be. I measure the same around but it definitely looks different. haha
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Ok question where do you measure your hips? Because my measurements are 36-33-40 at 183 and I don't appear to have wide hips but just a round behind lmao maybe I'm measuring wrong idk

I've always been told your 'waist' is at the smallest part of your torso and where you bend to the side.

You should measure your 'hips' at the widest section. However, for me, since I've started lifting weights, I find my widest hip section is now higher than it used to be. I measure the same around but it definitely looks different. haha

Ty that's what I'm doing so I guess I'm doing it right and I'm glad to say since my last measurements I lost a inch in my hips now 36-33-39 woot woot
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    my waist was 56 now its 42 but Hip Hop Abs helped
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i have a massive waist! when i gained weight i managed to gain 4 inches! while only gaining 13lb and everywhere else on my body i only gained like 1-2 inches so im hoping it gets smaller again but it also depends a lot on your frame,
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It will come down when you lose more weight - it's the body's decision to pick which parts it wants to naturally lose first... I seem to be in a similar situation as my shoulders and upper chest has lost pretty much all the fat and I still have another 15-20lb to lose, they are largely going to come from my lower gut!
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think I have a large waist for my weight.

I weight about 135 and my proportions are approx 37-32-37. Maybe a bit more but the proportions always stay the same.

If I lose weight it goes off my legs and bum and goes from my stomach last it's so annoying, I've never had a small waist and jeans are always baggy on the bum!
  • ogunsola0713
    Options
    Im 5'5'' 135 and my measurements are 33-30-36. All this time i thought i was pretty proportional until i started looking at size charts just now. I also have a shorter waist. But i where a size 4-6 or 27-28. So I say just ignore the measurements if your clothes are fitting how you want them to.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this. I was thinking that I was the only one with a huge waist. My measurements are 38, 34, 40 and I weigh 157 lbs at 5'6". I don't know that I'll ever have a narrow waist even when I get to goal in about 20 lbs from now.
    Thanks for providing an opportunity for people like me to share.
  • hwendyh
    hwendyh Posts: 6
    Options
    I have the same problem and I want tell a bad news though ...
    But maybe everyone is different..
    At my highest point, I was 58.5kg and was 87-70-91cm
    Now I am 53ish. 85-64-87cm..
    From measurement. It isn't that big in proportion ....
    But in reality. No matter how flat my tummy is with all the lines , abs muscle showing...
    I just never have a clear outline on my side waist :((((
    I have long legs with short torso .. ribs and hip bones are too close to each other..
    But well. Nobody is perfect..