Oh Nuts

Options
Oh can of mixed nuts, I thought I could open you and nibble at you while I did homework and stop myself from eating too much... but here I am.... 1700 CALORIES OF NUTS LATER.

Ugh! Stupid nuts. I'm never getting a can of them again!!

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    ugh...i hear that!!! you always read about how healthy nuts are...but if you're counting calories...well..........
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    awe hang in there, don't diss the nuts. Next time just weigh out the food before hand and just take the bowl of premeasured nuts. No worrying about how many of them you've eatin b/c you already know!
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They have 100 calorie packs of almonds, you should try them if you have trouble with portion size. I usually just by the big can but portion it out BEFORE I sit down to eat them. It's a really bad idea for me to sit down with a big can of nuts and mindlessly munch on them in front of the tv or while doing homework
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    wow 1700 calories, that made me think twice. i had the almond can in my hand today, usually i put 14 in a snack baggie and eat them, i forgot to count today so i estimated 28 (1 ounce) but i will not do that again, after hearing about the 1700. thanks for the warning!!
  • CareyT
    CareyT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get the raw almonds and cashews in a bag and count them into my hand before I eat them. The roasted ones are a lot higher in fat. But, mindless snacking is SO hard to curb if you don't have them measured. Hang in there. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Oldroller
    Options
    I too am guilty and have tried really hard to limit how many I eat at one sitting. I give up, I'm weak so it's no more nuts for me...
    Pepperoni and cheese is another one of my demons...
  • NjTex
    NjTex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As soon as you get them home, pull out the scale and put them in single serving plastic bags..
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    better 1700 calories of nuts than 1700 calories of cheeseburger!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welllll look at the bright side, at least it wasn't a banana split, or chips, or candy bars, cookies, cake... Ummmm the possiblities are endless and it could be worse...
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    I confess a cashew addiction.

Have to stop buying them !!!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!!!! I have to portion them out and then hide the can or I will go overboard.