Are you training for anything in specific?

Options
Just wondering if any of you are getting ready for your first race, competition or anything of that sort!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    zombie apocalypse
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've been racing for some time now; some years are better than others.

My major goal next year is a 40K time trial (24.8 miles) that I want to finish in under an hour. My best time to date is 1:02:30.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    nah, just to be a badazz
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My job. I have to maintain a maximum of 22% BF, and the better I am physically the better I do at my job.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Training for a half marathon in January (yeah, I'm crazy....) and my first full marathon in May.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Decrease my marathon time. I'm a slow runner and tend to injure before races so my best time is 5 hours and I'm shooting for 4:30 in April.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Besides wanting to lose weight and look good naked...
    I want to be able to complete the Strong Lifts program and feel like a badass
    Dirty Girl Run in April 2013 with my college friends. Want to KILL IT!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Besides wanting to lose weight and look naked...
    I want to be able to complete the Strong Lifts program and feel like a badass
    Dirty Girl Run in April 2013 with my college friends. Want to KILL IT!

^^ The same Dirty Girl run and before that:
    Turkey Day 5K and Reindeer Run 5K
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Disney Marathon on January 13th. Marathon on my birthday!
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder - Tahoe #1
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have added some different exercises as a per-cursor to pull ups. Nerd fitness.com has a series of workouts that help you get to a pull up. So, I guess that is it although I would love to run in a Spartan Race. There is one close to where I live in June...it is a thought.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Training for my 2nd Half (a Hypo in January) and then another Half in May.
    That's what's on my horizon at the moment, others are on my bucket list for 2013.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Sub 2 hour half marathon.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do tough mudder next year as well as a 10K and maybe half marathon...later this month I have another 5K
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Training for my first race ever I am going to run the Santa Monica 10K in May with my daughter . I can already do the distance but I would like to break an hour and 20 minutes and finish in the top 10 in my age bracket 65+
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My next race is a Spartan Sprint this Sunday in Fenway Park, and I'm super excited about that. I have a few 5ks over the next couple of months but the next big race I have is my first half marathon in May!
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for a 10k on the 9th December. I'm really new to running so this is a big thing for me and is really keeping me motivated :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    zombie apocalypse

That thought flashed through my head for a second when I read the title of this post...
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Zombie Run-December
    RnR Dallas Half- March
    Tough Mudder-April

with (biggest hope of hopes) the goal of running Marine Corps Marathon in 2013!!!! (have been trying for YEARS to go thru an entire marathon training cycle without 1)kids getting deathly ill, 2)serious injury, or 3)Army PCS.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Did my first half marathon this past weekend and now I'm training for a Tough Mudder (did some 5k mud runs earlier this year as well).