Tae-Bo & Slim in 6

mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I just dusted off my old Taebo & Slim in 6 dvd's many of which were unopen :(.. Anyway I was wondering how do you calculate your exercise calories for these types of workouts?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Invest in a heart rate monitor; it'll track your calories burned during the workout. You can get one for $40-$50 for a decent, accurate one I've heard. More advanced/more option HR monitors will cost more. I'm looking at getting one. Any of your sports stores (Sports Authority, Sportsman Warehouse, Bass Pro Shops, etc) should carry them.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I would second purchasing a HRM. I really like mine. It's what motivates me to workout knowing exactly what I will be burning. But, if you can't get one at the time I would just log both Slim in Six and Taebo as high intensity cardio/aerobics.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Thanks ladies.. I was looking into the bodybugg.. Anyone using it?
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    I use the Polar F6 and I love it! It's really user friendly. And it comes in pink :happy:
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    A couple of my friends have the bugg and I was actually going to purchase when I opted for a good HRM, food logging and exercising instead. If results don't occur with those things by my b-day in March then it will be a birthday purchase.

However some of those friends who bought the bugg sometimes forget to wear it on those busy days so keep that in mind when you are making your decision. I love my HRM and had issues with the Polar and settled on the Timex which has been great so far.

HTH,
    Michelle
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    I agree, a HM is the best bet because, we all do those workouts different!
    I to have the Polar F6 in Coral pink & LOVE it!!! Good Luck!!!
  • I have been using the Bodybugg every single day for about 3-4 months now. The only time I take it off is to shower. I LOVE it! It is extremely accurate. Before purchasing, I was going by a HR monitor which was claimed to be very good. The HR monitor part was great, BUT the calories burned were proved to be off by as many as 200+ calories per workout!! The Bodybugg (& the watch monitor) was my Mother's Day gift in which I picked out myself & SO glad I did! I increased my weight loss the very 1st week of using it!
This discussion has been closed.