Everyone thinks I look great BUT I DONT!

Options
Hi, I want to lose these last 10lbs. I am on the verge of giving up on MFP. I see no success. I track everything and do a bit of exercise. I'm usually very close to the 1200 cal BUT somedays I do eat fast food (FAT and CARBS!) But I feel that I eat really healthy 90% of the time. Why am I not seeing any progress? And why can't other people understand that having fat roll over my jean that never used to be there is making me look good. LOL. I don't think so. I will never be happy until I fit into my size 28 jeans again. No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    We can't help you if your diary is closed.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Eating closer to maintenance and consistant strength training would do wonders for that bit of fat you are still carrying!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Just a "bit" of exercise?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? How long have you been on the 1200 cals? Did you choose "I want to lose 2 pounds per week" on MFP? (If so, change it to half a pound a week and see if it gives you more calories. 1200 isn't the appropriate amount for everyone, usually not for someone only needing to lose 10 pounds, unless you are very short)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I agree..could you open your diary? I eat things that some people might not agree as being "good" (Moe's, pizza, ect) BUT it fits into my daily goals. I'd say maybe change how many calories you eat, you might need more than 1200 depending on how much you work out.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I AM SORRY TO READ THAT I WISH YOU THE BEST ON YOUR JOURNEY AS YOU SAIL TO NEW WATERS MAY THE WATERS BE CALM AND CARRY YOU ON TO A BETTER PLACE TO FIND YOUR TRUE DESTINY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IF YOU HAVE FAMILY I IMAGINE THAT YOU HAVE SOME FAMILY OF SOME SORT DON'T WE ALL REALLY WHETHER RELATED BY BLOOD OR NOT REGARDLESS I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST HUGS
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, the end! It's all relative, whether you have 10lbs to lose or more, when you don't feel like you look your best no one can tell you different! Just keep plugging away!
  • jjh1024
    Options
    I was at a halt as well until I raised my calories. I did 1200 for a few months and did fine until the end. Once I raised it to 1500 I lost weight right away and continue too.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose these last 10lbs. I am on the verge of giving up on MFP. I see no success. I track everything and do a bit of exercise. I'm usually very close to the 1200 cal BUT somedays I do eat fast food (FAT and CARBS!) But I feel that I eat really healthy 90% of the time. Why am I not seeing any progress? And why can't other people understand that having fat roll over my jean that never used to be there is making me look good. LOL. I don't think so. I will never be happy until I fit into my size 28 jeans again. No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

How long have you been doing this? What kind of workouts do you do?

I'll echo another poster here and suggest eating a little more and getting some strength training in. Heavy lifting will build muscle (you won't bulk up, I promise) and burn fat, giving you a more sculpted look. But, you'll need more calories to supply the energy to do this.

"New Rules of Lifting for Women" is a great book and helped me a LOT.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open to public. I exercise by 2-3 walks with baby in stroller (sometimes with jogger) each week. Badminton once a week. Skating once a week. I life weights with my universal gymset 2 times a weeks. Full body with 30lbs. 3 sets of 15 if I can. I also do planks a coupel times a week. My MFP is set to lose 2lbs a week and I've only joined since like Oct 24th I think. But still! It's been a month so WTF!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open to public. I exercise by 2-3 walks with baby in stroller (sometimes with jogger) each week. Badminton once a week. Skating once a week. I life weights with my universal gymset 2 times a weeks. Full body with 30lbs. 3 sets of 15 if I can. I also do planks a coupel times a week. My MFP is set to lose 2lbs a week and I've only joined since like Oct 24th I think. But still! It's been a month so WTF!

Presuming you are of average height (that's 5 ft 4 in the uk) 1200 cals a day would be a bare minimum to live on. To merely exist. You need to add extra calories if you want your body to do clever things like metabolise fat. It can't run on fumes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

while you might get rid of the flap while standing perfectly straight, while sitting is next to impossible. that area is one of the hardest to lose from.

my advice is to stop wearing super tight jeans if you want to get rid of the fat over the waist band.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1. First, it's been less than 3 weeks. Be patient. 2. Strength training is your friend. It sounds like your issue is body composition, not weight per se. 3. You've had several days where you're way over your calorie allowance. As I've gotten closer to my goal weight I've really had to tighten up and not slip as much. That doesn't mean you can't have treats, it just means you might not be able to do it as often. 4. I see some homemade entries in your diary. Are those your recipes? If not don't use them. The database contains a lot of entries that are not accurate. Plus someone else's spaghetti sauce may be totally different from yours. 5. You may need to change your goal, but before you make that decision you need to stick with your current plan for long enough to know whether it is working. I see you started out with 1400+ calories, and honestly that's probably a more realistic goal. As you get closer to your goal weight (like you are right now) you want to change your settings to .5 lbs/week. I'm 5'4" 137 lbs and I'm eating 1420 plus half of my exercise calories.

Good luck and be patient.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Okay, there is your problem. Set it to half a pound a week. It will give you more calories to eat.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It%2BTakes%2B4%2BWeeks%2Bv2.jpeg
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I am actually 5'9" so I guess 1200 cal is way too low for me.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I say up your calories a bit. Have you checked out helloitsdan's road map post-if not I suggest you search for it and look up what your actual BMR and TDEE are
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

while you might get rid of the flap while standing perfectly straight, while sitting is next to impossible. that area is one of the hardest to lose from.

my advice is to stop wearing super tight jeans if you want to get rid of the fat over the waist band.

^^ This. lol
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Eating closer to maintenance and consistant strength training would do wonders for that bit of fat you are still carrying!

^This^

eating more calories and doing strength/weight training will be more effective since you're so close to your goal weight. good luck :flowerforyou:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    thx for the advice people. I just adjusted my thing to lose only 1lb a week and so my cals were set to 1500 per day. I feel like eating 1200 is quite a bit so now with another 1500 i hope it works out. I hate trying to lose weight and once i get here I NEVER want to have to lose weight again. It effing sucks!