Diet Coke?

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I would hate to give it up because I often find it helps keep me from snacking!

This too! I keeps me away from the cookies!
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    From what I've read about diet sodas are that once you drink they the body thinks its getting a sweet treat and has the same reaction it does with a regular soda...but when the sugars and such aren't there from the diet your body has had this reaction for nothing and so when you eat something it latches on to all the sugars and what not and stores them....

Diet sodas are counter productive
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-5 a day.

I've lost about 115 lbs.

*shrugs*

yeah and i do like 4 monsters lol
    Grats, homefry???
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    It will give you cancer.... at least thats what everyone tells me when I drink it.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Okay I usually have a diet soda once a day, and I'm still losing weight. Some people say its good, some people say its bad. Use your own discretion. As long as you are eating healthy and getting your 8 glasses of water everyday, I think a diet soda every once in awhile is fine.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Diet coke has no significant caloric content. Your body can not store it as fat or lean tissue.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-5 a day.

I've lost about 115 lbs.

*shrugs*

yeah and i do like 4 monsters lol
    Grats, homefry???

i was just trying to fit in (runs to other side of playground)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I drink all the diet cokes and count it as water
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I drink my first diet coke of the evening, it signals the end of the alcohol for the day for me. That seems like a good thing. It is the technique I use to stop for the day. I haven't had sugar cravings for a long time. I think this is a situation where your mileage may vary, but if it causes problems in some folks with regard to sugar cravings, just observe how you react your own self. Proceed appropriately, with caution.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    As a special treat. I have worked on substituting my soda cravings for carbonated mineral water, but every once in a while I just gotta have my diet pepsi.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I LOVE TO DRINK IT MAKES ME GASSY
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I go through three 2 liter bottles a week. My weight loss seems to be going just fine. Other people will have a different opinion on it though. I think if you are still losing and like to drink it...keep on drinking. :drinker:
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I drink multiple diet pepsi's a day and tea with ezsweets. I haven't had an issue, but if one's weight loss stalls, one should consider cutting out sweeteners and see if anything changes.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Used as a colonic cleanse, it's quite effective.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's horrible for you no matter what you are doing! People get WAY TOO addicted to Diet Soda..way more than reg soda. It's even worse for you!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Diet Coke with Lime leaves a nice minty feeling.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's a healthy part of a balanced juice cleanse.
    The "toxins" adhere to the aspartame and create tiny scrubbing bubbles in your colon...or so I heard.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    you are gonna get lots of thoughts and opinions! Oh my!! I am not really going to fight the battle about this one. I am just gonna say, I drink Coke Zero all the time, no problems here. My doctor says I am one of the healthest patients she has. That says a lot coming from where I use to be. Lots of medical problems, to many to list. Now I have nothing, all clear. So I say drink and be happy.
  • valluco75
    Options
    I have absolutely no thoughts on diet soda. I drink a regular soda every now and then but I hardly drink any so its not something I give too much thought about. Try and turn your thoughts to how many calories you should be eating. And how many of those calories should come from carbs, how many of them should come from fats, and how many of them should come from protein. This will give you an all around view of your diet. Then, you'll know when you can and can't sneak in a 12 ounce can of Coke.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I drink one a day and if i go out thats what I drink. The rest of the day I drink water. Thats my caffiene and I just really like drinknig it in the morning. I know of some people that drink a 12pack or more of diet coke or mountain dew or any kind of pop, in a day ...i don't think thats good....