Need math help please!!

hey guys, I'm terrible at maths and need to know a few bits and bobs...

So I'm 27 years old, 5'2 and weigh 179.2lb/12.11 stone

I want to burn around 2lbs a week sooooooooooooo...

how many calories do I need to burn a day and how many can I eat a day?? :)

I usually use my exercise bike and go for walks to burn calories, I struggle most with the food side of losing weight, not that I eat too much, i just never know what to eat. so any advice on that would be awesome too. I'm thinking if I know how many calories I can have per day i can make a strict menu for myself...

anyway, any help will be appreciated and feel free to add me as a friend :D

Replies

• anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    I'm not sure exactly how much you should be eating, but I did a quick calculation and found out your BMR is near 1600, so your body needs at least 1600 calories just to run your basic functions.

When I started on here, my BMR was 1689. The calorie goal was calculated around 1550, and I'd work out enough to burn near 500 every day. This would give me 3500 calorie per week deficit to lose 1 pound per week. The exercise was not much...I'd walk 10k steps per day or up to 5 miles. Once I started losing, my calorie goals decreased. I just went with whatever MFP had me do...until I got to a point where I was no longer losing, then I kicked up my calories a bit and picked up a couple of bootcamp classes.

I started by cutting out soft drinks, then started watching my fat and sodium intake, started eating more raw veggies, and kept an eye on the portion sizes. Essentially I ate whatever I wanted at first until I could get a routine going on one thing, then I'd make tiny changes to my diet as time went by.

I'm really glad you're back! Missed your posts :) YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • thank you so much for replying, I found what you wrote really helpful, it's always good to see how other people manage with things like this :)

I'm glad i'm back too, feels good to be positive again :):):)