Another Newbie Looking for Support and Encouragement

Options
Hey folks,

So, I signed up for MFP sometime this past spring/summer, but did not start using it until yesterday because I was also doing Weight Watchers WW). While I found some success using WW, I began to "cheat" by increasing my fruits and vegetables when looking to decrease my daily point values to compensate for going out or having heavy meals and stopped tracking altogether about three weeks ago and began eating like a college freshman. :ohwell: At the end of the day, calories are calories regardless of the food and we all know that anything in excess is a bad thing. As a result, I've decided to leave WW because it seems that MFP will hold me more accountable as far as my daily caloric intake.

Although I've told some of my "real life" friends about MFP, I can't wait for them to take the leap and want to start strong because I've got a long weight loss journey ahead of me (70+ lbs) and need all of the accountability and encouragement possible. I don't really know how the whole "friending" thing works on here, but I'm a quick learneer, so add me and I'll follow back!!

Cheers,

Lex_Boogie

Replies

• lyoung79
    lyoung79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    added you as I am trying to lose 100lb I just joined this site on Friday and so far I like the structure of seeing my calories and fat intake in front of my eyes
  • Hey, feel free to add me! I joined on the weekend but started yesterday. So far I have had to battle a 'mo-vember' bake sale at work, and a children in need bake sale today. The cakes are definitely following me around this week. Determined to shift the weight, approx 40lbs to lose and would love to keep in touch with some people who are also doing the same xx
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Added you, lets move forward and shed these pounds!