For all the foodies.....

Options
Hey guys. Someone posted a recipe online for chocolate dipped kiwi on a stick. Which caused me to think of the pineapple I have at home, white chocolate, macadamia nuts, and coconut... on a stick.

Does anyone know of any reason why white chocolate would not set around pineapple? I know pineapple tends to be a juicier fruit, do you think this would cause a problem? I really want to try this tonight, and would appreciate any feedback.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Fresh pineapple is no problem (I have dipped it in dark chocolate!). Just blot with a paper towel and go. Canned would likely be problematic since it is *so* wet.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm definitely going to try this. My co-workers will reap the rewards (or failures should they not turn out).
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Your only challenge might be that white chocolate is not actually chocolate - so it behaves differently from dark chocolate or milk chocolate - can also be impacted by the relative acidity of the fruit... if it is a challenge with the first piece (as far as sticking goes), reheat the chocolate & add a bit of olive oil - mix until silky - then dip again... should work - good luck! i've found that dipping fruit in chocolate helps me to get my sweets fix without diving head-first into the Halloween candy. :flowerforyou:
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try it with white almond bark.
  • jfthomas76
    jfthomas76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing is White Chocolate melts differently - if you're doing it with chips, Nestles melts well, Ghirardelli's just beacomes a grainy mess, melting candy disks work great if you have/can get them.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Also it may not set because fresh pineapple has an enzyme called bromelain, which breaks down proteins. I dont know for sure it would cause it to not set, because chocolate is mostly fat and sugar.