hopefully this is possible this time around

Options
so for the umpteenth time im going to try to go with out cookies, candy, cokes, ice cream(even though i just bought a pint last night) and ya lets go ahead and add it SWEET TEA yup i said it sweet tea im a southern girl who has sweet tea with just about every meal when possible even with biscuits and gravy sometimes.........so ya as i said this is the umpteenth time im trying to go without for so many days....im choosing 21 days this time since apperantly it takes 21 days to break a habit. i work at a bank so infront of me all day is a bowl of candy for the customers and its in arms reach all i want is chocolate all day long and when i get home i want coke, tea and cookies(dipped in milk of course) until i go to bed at like 11pm. anyone else have a hard time letting that junk go or am i just the only one that gives in after 2 maybe 3 days....and ofcourse 9 times out of 10 i wont log the junk i eat because sometimes it has been 800 or more calories :noway: so starting tomorrow its no more junk for 21 days......hopefully i make it :grumble:

Replies

• KBM51
    KBM51 Posts: 8
    Options
    i wish you luck and hope you are successful. My downfall has always been salty, starchy snacks but please be careful with the sweets before you cannot have any at all due to diabetic complications. I have not eaten much in years but thought i was doing okay with artificial sweetners and diet drinks but have learned they can cause more hunger and my body to not work properly...have not had any type of soda since November 1, 2008, and quit using artificial sweetners in tea and coffee September 21, 2012. Only had water since...boring but hopefully helping with my results.

Good luck again and i am sure you are sweet enough as a Southern girl that you don't need too much help from what you eat, LOL!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    thank you for your support. i dont do artificial sweetners or diet drinks anymore i use to use them as a replacement but i think they are gross lol. ive had some sugar issues in the past and when i was pregnant i had gestational diabetes and diabetes runs in the family so it would be for my best interest to calm down on the sweets. bread is also a big thing for me but its easy for me to choose against but when it comes to a chocolate bar mmmmm i give in
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out 1 thing - like say sugar. Just 1 small step is easier to accomplish than conquering the world. I didn't look at your total protein count for the day (so far) but I did notice that you are eating a lot of carbs but little or no protein. Having a protein with a carb will fill you up and will last longer. Having a carb alone can raise your blood sugar and make you feel hungry soon after eating. It will benefit you to log everything you eat so you can see how many calories, grams of fat, how much sugar something has. Don't beat yourself up about it, just use it as a tool to say, I think I need to find something to replace that with so I can cut my sugar/fat/calories, etc. I hope you have great success this time. I am new here (or should I say newly active.)
  • Julettashane
    Options
    thanks for the advice. yes i do like carbs lol.i dont know if my goals for each thing is a good number or if they are to high or to low. so feel free to look and see if i need to change something
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Maybe you need to keep yourself extra busy for the next week so keep your mind off food and snacks. Also, keeping goodies in the house can be dangerous. At least for me it is! I'm almost always in danger of eating cookies/cake/candy if it's in the pantry or fridge. If there's no sugary snacks in the house I just chomp on string cheese and pout a bit, but at least I don't to have log my poor choice. Speaking of the devil - make sure to log everything. I know, I know, it's painful (just look at my diary from 11/10 - yikes!), but it can be a motivator to think two, three, four times before indulging in sweet sugary yumminess. Each day closer to your 21-day mark will get easier and easier. You've got this!
  • Julettashane
    Options
    Thank you lol ya tracking everything can be a pain but it helps.....i actually eat worse at work i sit for 7hrs everyday except sat and sun
  • Julettashane
    Options
    There are days i dont add on here but i do on fitbit but then there days i dont track at all usually the weekends i dont track